Levorg in Jamaica

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
I came across this Subaru Levorg in Black River in St Elizabeth, local town to my family village while I was out there this month. It's a 1600GT and actually on closer inspection showed at least on the front and rear valances expected damage from driving on the broken up (loosely described as roads) in the region. More bizarre was the dents in the roof. I can't explain that, neither did I hang around to source the owner. Performance would surely be affected because it's 90 RON octane out there as the maximum, 85 RON being the lowest.
One of my Jamaican cousins was with me, and I pointed out to him that I used to own a light blue metallic one for 3 years, to which he informed me that Levorgs were very common in Jamaica. That's news to me, I've seen Impreza's, saloon and hatchbacks, Foresters, Outbacks (rare) and XVs or Crosstreks if it's a grey import and a version of a Impreza saloon whose title was unfamiliar to me, but that was the first and only Levorg that I'd come across since their introduction in 2014, maybe they're more common in the larger towns like Kingston, Montego Bay or perhaps Negril. Someone in this group did say that he was in Jamaica and that he had a Levorg, that would have been around 2020 and 2021, I did reply to him, but he never came back to me. Modern Subaru's are quite common in Jamaica.
Unfortunately, I no longer have my Levorg, it was written off by its new owner shortly after purchase from the garage where I traded it, but I still follow the Owners Club.

Attachments

AdrianLevorg

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg
I am from Jamaica still have my levorg, just need to switch suspensions to Boston or MCA for a better drive. There are quite a few here in Kingston.

Vehicle(s)
I am from Jamaica still have my levorg, just need to switch suspensions to Boston or MCA for a better drive. There are quite a few here in Kingston.

Okay Adrian. My uncle lives in Kingston, but I haven't been to Kingston to see him for about five years. but I'm hoping to get to Kingston to see him next year and hopefully I'll see some Levorgs on my return there.

dubswagen

Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Levorg
I just bought 2.0L 2017 here in Kingston and will be picking it up within a week or so.
I'd say they are definitely not 'very' common as your cousin said. They're getting more popular now for sure but still nowhere as popular as the Impreza and XV etc.

Vehicle(s)
I just bought 2.0L 2017 here in Kingston and will be picking it up within a week or so.
I'd say they are definitely not 'very' common as your cousin said. They're getting more popular now for sure but still nowhere as popular as the Impreza and XV etc.
Hi, I wouldn't know anything regarding that to contradict my cousin, he probably goes to some town large like Kingston on a regular basis to see them whereas I visit Jamaica every 2-3 years and don't so I'm guessing that if any Levorgs are sold out there it's in the major towns like Kingston, Montego Bay, Negril or maybe Portland. I personally think that many of the roads are just too bad for a Levorg to last any substantial time without constant repairs to the suspension. As many have said on this forum, the suspension seems ill conceived, too firm at the front, too soft at the rear, plus it's fairly low to the ground.
A Forester, Outback or Crosstrek (XV) would be better suited to the state of the roads in the St Elizabeth region where I frequent.
Like I said earlier, my uncle lives in Kingston and the roads there are infinitely superior to the roads in the region that my family live and wouldn't present any harm to a Levorg.
And you're getting the 2.0 litre, you lucky fella, us in Europe initially got the 1.6 turbo and then International Motors, Subaru's importer for the UK shafted us with the 2.0 litre non turbo model which was slower and less powerful than the 1.6!

kimario

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Really Great car to drive.. Looking to tune mines soon

Vehicle(s)
Really Great car to drive.. Looking to tune mines soon
Hi, nice to hear that there's another Levorg arriving on the shores. I found out from the DVLA that my old Levorg hadn't been written off, the current owner had the registration changed to their own private plate. That's nice to hear.
I'm off to Jamaica later on this year and could possibly be going into Kingston. So I may see some Levorgs while I'm out that way. If I see any, I'll try and get some photo's of them and post them up on the forum..