Levorg issues

MrSTI

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Liberty GT
Hi guys. New here. I’m 10 years in with my 2010 Liberty GT premium Black wagon and it’s time for an upgrade to the Levorg STI or GT.

At around the 5th year my Liberty transmission crapped itself. Was going to cost me upwards of 7.5k to fix the computer in the transmission. I wasn’t happy after buying a Subaru for its supposed long lasting quality. I kicked up a stink with Subaru head of service and they agreed to pay for all parts and I only forked out for labour. Very good outcome.

I spoke to a dealer a few years ago after a service who admitted to me that my model MY10 had a known issue with the gear box and heard of many Libs having the same problem. Imagine all the poor souls that just swiped their credit cards for 8k worth of damage on a car that was only a few years old and just out of warranty like mine!

Now that I’m looking at a Levorg, I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with their Levorg so far. My experience with my first Subaru has me nervous about my next.

Thanks for any info.

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
Busy forum. Hahaha
Or the Levorg isn't any trouble, at least the 1.6 version. ;)

Personally, and I've had mine two years, the only thing that I can fault (apart from fuel thirst, which petrol Subaru doesn't like a drink?) is the original head unit. The USB music play function is erratic and frustrating, sat nav isn't the easiest to program a route to and occasionally, the Bluetooth music streaming freezes or misses out tracks. But that could also be my mobile phone that's responsible for that.
And why have 30 pre-sets for the FM and AM wavebands and only 6 for the DAB band if you've got the pre Apple CarPlay and Android Auto stereo? You'll be lucky to get 20 stations on FM, and AM is being wound down with radio stations ceasing to broadcast on it, especially the BBC ones. Where I live in the UK, I can easily get over 70 DAB radio stations!
A shame that the stereo is not a cheap or easy swap! :confused:

Last edited:

Rustysalami

Hi guys. New here. I’m 10 years in with my 2010 Liberty GT premium Black wagon and it’s time for an upgrade to the Levorg STI or GT.

At around the 5th year my Liberty transmission crapped itself. Was going to cost me upwards of 7.5k to fix the computer in the transmission. I wasn’t happy after buying a Subaru for its supposed long lasting quality. I kicked up a stink with Subaru head of service and they agreed to pay for all parts and I only forked out for labour. Very good outcome.

I spoke to a dealer a few years ago after a service who admitted to me that my model MY10 had a known issue with the gear box and heard of many Libs having the same problem. Imagine all the poor souls that just swiped their credit cards for 8k worth of damage on a car that was only a few years old and just out of warranty like mine!

Now that I’m looking at a Levorg, I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with their Levorg so far. My experience with my first Subaru has me nervous about my next.

Thanks for any info.
No issues from me, but I've got upgraded suspension and stereo. CVT issues seem to come from over-exuberant exhaust and ECU upgrades, and driving it hard. JDM vorgs have more torque and power, so I would assume the Oz GTs are pretty safe with CVTs.

MrSTI

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Liberty GT
No issues from me, but I've got upgraded suspension and stereo. CVT issues seem to come from over-exuberant exhaust and ECU upgrades, and driving it hard. JDM vorgs have more torque and power, so I would assume the Oz GTs are pretty safe with CVTs.
What stereo have you installed.

I just put a deposit down on a 2020 Black STI. Happy days. Now to get rid of the Liberty. :)

ToxyRocker

Have had my Levorg for over 2 years now.
I have only had one thing happen and i dont know what it was. But something caused the check engine light to pop up.
I didnt have an obd2 scanner at the time, so i disconnected the battery and the light disapeard and have not returned since. That was last winter.
And as the other says, the headunit i did not like. So i found a site (seicane.com) that sold model spesific android headunits and bought one. So now i have spotify and waze directly in the car. And i can install any android app i want throuh Play Store.
The one i have is about 2 years old now and has its flaws but i still like it better then the original headunit. Looking to buy a newer one with more memory and newer version of android.

Sabi

Mine did the same. I didn't disconnect the battery and the check engine went away after 12 hours because it didn't replicate the issue. I've took it to the dealership where they said there is a software update for the issue. It was fault code: P000B=camshaft position response slow. After the software update the car feels much smoother when idle.