Levorg MY2021 ?

Oz B-Spec

Yay! that's great news. Hopefully, they up the HP from the FA20 and throw in a manual option alongside the CVT

nicodache

Will not get this in Europe sadly. But if they at least get the 1.6 to around 180-190hp, and throw a 6 speed in there, that'd be sweeeet :D

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
Because of emissions, European won't get the FA20T?
I suspect that Europe is more likely to see the forthcoming 1.5 version which is reported to make power, BHP and torque, extremely close to the old 1.6 DIT engine. The upcoming 1.8 makes around 270 BHP if my memory serves me correct.
I saw these two proposed engine unit figures on another website a while back. There were no emission details regarding them though.

Last edited:
Vehicle(s)
1.5 ? sad :/

Can I haz the 1.8 with a 6MT ? :D
So many people wish for that option :D Unfortunately Subaru have, I believe made every model in their current UK range apart from the BRZ CVT with auto CVT boxes only. The BRZ can be bought with a manual or CVT gearbox.
Every car magazine that I've read who have tested a Subaru vehicle (BRZ aside to a degree) have complained about the serious lack of torque with their N/A engine range. A problem they could have negated with fitting either the 1.6 DIT engine or a mildly detuned version of the 2.0 BRZ engine.
I'm going to hang on to my 1.6 Levorg like glue while I see what Subaru UK decide to bring into the UK.
Incidentally I was back tracking on some of the posts on this site. Mine is one of the last of the pre eyesight Levorgs, my CVT gearbox seems to behave better than some of those that I've read about on this forum site. I wonder if mine got fitted with a updated software? Or have I managed to adapt my driving style to suit it's limitations? ;)

Last edited:

Dee

Read somewhere the new generation Levorg will be a 1.8L & 2.0L (221kw w/ 6 speed transmission)

nicodache

Had a chat with my dealer (car went in for scheduled maintenance). He told me that new 'vorg isn't gonna me available in european union, for tax reason. The supposed pollution numbers are so that importers/dealers would have to pay a shitton of money to be allowed to sell the car in EU. And buyers would still have to pay crazy taxes to be able to register the car under their name (FWIW, my levorg cost me ~2500€ for registration. luckily yearly tax is more decent).

I so much wanted that new levorg with 1.8 and 6MT :/

Vehicle(s)
Had a chat with my dealer (car went in for scheduled maintenance). He told me that new 'vorg isn't gonna me available in european union, for tax reason. The supposed pollution numbers are so that importers/dealers would have to pay a shitton of money to be allowed to sell the car in EU. And buyers would still have to pay crazy taxes to be able to register the car under their name (FWIW, my levorg cost me ~2500€ for registration. luckily yearly tax is more decent).

I so much wanted that new levorg with 1.8 and 6MT :/
Can't say that I'm too surprised at that info from your dealer, mine goes in for its service and MOT next week. I don't think that the manager will tell me that though. He'll probably try to convince me to buy the current 2.0 litre version. For which the answer is a resounding No!

However, here is a quote from a Subaru official for the UK :

Speaking to Autocar, Subaru’s European general manager for sales and marketing, David Dello Stritto, said: “We have a new direction for the brand in Europe. To be honest, we’ve been resting on our rallying reputation for too long. We are in the process of bringing the product to Europe that will allow us to stay in Europe.

"We believe that we’re nicely placed to weather the storm of upcoming emissions legislation. At Subaru, being carbon-neutral is not merely a goal, it’s a result. It’s not an ambition; it simply makes good business sense.”

Subaru’s global plan includes a 20,000-tonne-per-year reduction in its total CO2 emissions, leading to a 90% reduction in corporate CO2 by 2050. In the meantime, the company will attempt to drive down its cars' emissions too; it's currently working on a jointly produced battery-electric crossover with Toyota.

Dello Stritto says that more attention needs to be paid to total lifetime CO2 emissions, including production, rather than just focusing on the emissions of the car when it's in motion.

I was worried that Subaru would pull out of the UK, David Dello Stritto, says that there's no intention (for now, at least). So the 1.8 most likely won't be coming to Europe, but the 1.5 litre may, and it will possibly be the hybrid version, to keep the emissions footprint low of course. As already there's now a hybrid version of the Forester, Impreza and XV.
However Nicodache, we won't be getting tarmac tearing performance with these enhancements. My wife's Renault Captur 1.2 out performs all of the above hybrid models! (sic)

Last edited:

nicodache

Went pick up the car after maintenance.
I mentioned https://philkotse.com/market-news/breaking-news-subaru-officially-joins-the-toyota-group-6358 to the dealer, who confirmed what's in there.

Besides the new BRZ/GT86 we've all heard off, toyota is also keen in subaru AWD drive train, while subaru would like toyota electric/hybrid techs for their own car.

The dealer also mentioned that a small 17cv electric engine actually is an advantage for towing - because total power is comparable to other vehicles with a similar hybrid set up but with a bigger electric motor, subaru hybrids can actually tow more (less strain on transmission components) and on longer distances (better energy density in fuel than battery cells).

But yeah, still keen on a manual AWD wagon that makes Otto engine noise :)

nicodache

Some japanese website got ahold of some MY21 Levorg brochure, and took pics of it for us to enjoy.

But as I don't speak japanese yet, carsales.com.au has kindly provided some English-written blurb with the same pics :)

Hmmmm not keen on the huge portrait-orientation touchscreen. Watching one of the Subaru videos by the Straight Pipes (Canadian YouTube car reviewers) - I get the impression that the smaller head unit in the most recent Levorg was actually better (more responsive, better proportioned) than that in the new Outback.

nicodache

Today, my subaru dealer broke the worst news he ever had to give me.

The new 'Vorg, with the 1.8l, will not be available in Europe based on the news he got :'(

I've got my 1.6dit booked for airco/climate & bushing inspections (#potholes), I'm gonna ask him to "escalate" that Belgium wants the levorg back, and that we wouldn't be against an E-boxed Vorg if this is what it takes :)

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Today, my subaru dealer broke the worst news he ever had to give me.

The new 'Vorg, with the 1.8l, will not be available in Europe based on the news he got :'(

I've got my 1.6dit booked for airco/climate & bushing inspections (#potholes), I'm gonna ask him to "escalate" that Belgium wants the levorg back, and that we wouldn't be against an E-boxed Vorg if this is what it takes :)
Well that sucks! I truly don't understand why Subaru's are not more popular than they are, looks like even the US is going to finally get the Levorg soon too. I hope you guys get the cars you want from Subaru over there mate