Looking for a Levorg

Lord Futtock

Vehicle(s)
Outback 3.0R
My 2006 Outback needs replacing after 15 years of ownership so a 2.0 Levorg seems a logical choice
I'm in the UK so the only STIs here are grey imports, but I've heard insurance can be expensive and difficult for these. Also, I'm concerned that 296HP too much even for the for the stronger CVT, and parts might be a problem.
Can anyone share some experiences of UK ownership?

David_S_Walker

Vehicle(s)
BMW R1200S, Abarth 595C, Subaru Outback 3.0Rn & Subaru Levorg GT STi
Hello,

Not long had mine but so far so good - JDM STi model.

So far changed out the head unit - mine had a lovely Subaru option Pioneer but it only spoke Japanese! Now has a lovely Pioneer that speaks English. A few issues sorting out the steering wheel controls but will get there in the end.

If you go down this route then the cruise control will be limited to either 114kph or 135kph depending on the year. I am going through the pain of trying to have it removed and am nearly there.

Otherwise an excellent replacement for my 3.0 outback and quite like the CVT transmission. Most parts are common to the UK models and also share much with the XV and WRX. The FA engine (Chain not belt) Is used here so that should be OK too.

I’m 65 and insurance through Adrian Flux was about £550 but the VED is lower so offsets it a bit.

Best regards,

David :)

Last edited:

Lord Futtock

Vehicle(s)
Outback 3.0R
That's a shock :eek:, I know all premiums have been hiked by the greedy insurers recently but I'm used to paying less than £200!

Lord Futtock

Vehicle(s)
Outback 3.0R
I also read that insurers insist on a Thatcham Cat1 alarm, or equivalent. As Japan is a civilized country, they don't need alarms as standard so any grey import would have this retro fitted.
There's an importer outfit in Kent (Edenbridge) that might be worth a visit.

David_S_Walker

Vehicle(s)
BMW R1200S, Abarth 595C, Subaru Outback 3.0Rn & Subaru Levorg GT STi
I also read that insurers insist on a Thatcham Cat1 alarm, or equivalent. As Japan is a civilized country, they don't need alarms as standard so any grey import would have this retro fitted.
There's an importer outfit in Kent (Edenbridge) that might be worth a visit.
That will be Prodrift who are currently showing a lovely blue Levorg STi for sale. That is where my red STi came from.

I declared mine to have a “Manufacturer fitted alarm” but to be honest I’m not totally sure what it has…. Another job to add to the list!

Best regards,

David :)

Last edited:

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
My Sti (check my build thread in the gallery) is £460 a year through Keith micheals. Speak to Gary Moulson as he is the subaru guy.
There's a thread on here somewhere about a guy who had issues with the steering controls and funny enough, mine don't work with my jdm head unit.

As for the alarm, I want to say newer cars from Japan have alarms but don't quote me. Do uk cars have alarms from the factory now days?

But like David I ticketed factory fitted.

David did you have these beating controls as I don't know what stereo will be a direct swap

I got mine from torque gt

Attachments

Last edited:

JGC60

Vehicle(s)
2020 Levorg 2.0 GT
My UK 2020 2.0 has the same factory-fitted alarm as my previous BRZ and Forester. Thatcham Cat 1 with codes to disarm tilt on ferries and internal sensors if the dog's in the car etc etc.