Matt's Levorg (Photo Heavy!)

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
2014 FA20 Levorg, 2008 600HP 6MT Impreza STi
Scored a Black Friday special on an Android headunit, though they sent me the wrong fascia (despite confirming required style with the seller upon purchase‍..) so am waiting on another. Can't switch screens on the MFD and praying I don't need hazards 'til it arrives.
Also fitted a pair of boot LED panels.
STi steering wheel garnish to arrive soon. Front lip got lost in the post (refunded via Ebay) so have had to order another one, likely here mid' Jan.
Still on the hunt for a front RH WRX guard in black before I can swap across the other sideskirt to match.

Slowing down on this now but next years plans are :
- Finish WRX guard/sideskirt swap + purchase sideskirt extensions.
- Tints
- Rear cargo step
- 20mm wheel spacers
- RSR Ti2000 10mm lowering springs

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Painted trim came out awesome nice work.

new head unit is game changer :)

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
On Ali express, they have loads of them that look like the idoing but are not!!! Be careful, you can buy the adapter plug from Amazon so the usb plugs in the centre console will work, I think it was about $40. Also you can buy the DAB+ from ebay for about $35 or idoing will sell you one. Idoing are on whatsapp if you have questions and they always release system updates but they are not an upgrade, they will wipe the whole unit for a fresh install. It is an awesome unit for the price, and if you change the speakers, you will be impressed......I was!

Miottz

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg STI
Another trip back to the wreckers, this time to grab some fenders and sideskirts from a 2015+ WRX in black.
The fenders and skirts are a bolt-on job to the Levorg:

I am however short one RH fender as the other had damage, so I am currently half WRX (LH) half Levorg (RH).

I also opted to pull the rear chrome garnish and give it a paint.
Posting these pics as I believe there's not really any documentation on the process online since most opt to wrap or plasti-dip in-situ:
Rear hatch plastics must be removed, there are about eight nuts that run along the rear of the boot and the entire garnish pops off after giving it a firm tug to free the plastic pop rivets. Care must be taken to remove the rear door button and reverse camera looms first!

The chrome trim separates with a few screws along the garnish.
All painted and back on, I will give it a cut/polish once fully cured.

(I have removed the exhaust garnishes in the above photo for a bit of a touch-up I was doing at same time on bumper)
I just broke my rear hatch plastic. Any chance you know the part number?

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
On Ali express, they have loads of them that look like the idoing but are not!!! Be careful, you can buy the adapter plug from Amazon so the usb plugs in the centre console will work, I think it was about $40. Also you can buy the DAB+ from ebay for about $35 or idoing will sell you one. Idoing are on whatsapp if you have questions and they always release system updates but they are not an upgrade, they will wipe the whole unit for a fresh install. It is an awesome unit for the price, and if you change the speakers, you will be impressed......I was!
I have an iDoing headunit in my hatch and the unit in the Levorg is actually just a cheaper AliExpress unit.
The iDoing equivalent for the Levorg was over $900 and the cheaper AliExpress unit I paid about $450 for.

1704752543565.png
Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005634638378.html

I wanted to get a comparison between the two as the price was half that of the iDoing and saved me $450 NZD.

Result : Absolutely happy with the AliExpress unit. I would never go back to iDoing for the money I saved.
Support from the company I bought it from was great. They sent out a replacement faceplate as the one I had wasn't correct for my model and were very quick to help with a couple of troubleshooting issues with reverse camera.

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
STI Steering Wheel Garnish arrived.

I did the lazy method and drilled a small hole in rear of the steering wheel to fit. Ordinarily I would have taken the time to un-do the airbag etc but it's a very time consuming method and it's mid-summer here so just wanted to get it fitted.

1704756971961.jpeg

Lots of work happening on the hatch at the moment with getting it back on the road so the Levorg is living outside currently!

1704757831125.jpeg

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
I have an iDoing headunit in my hatch and the unit in the Levorg is actually just a cheaper AliExpress unit.
The iDoing equivalent for the Levorg was over $900 and the cheaper AliExpress unit I paid about $450 for.

View attachment 1988

I wanted to get a comparison between the two as the price was half that of the iDoing and saved me $450 NZD.

Result : Absolutely happy with the AliExpress unit. I would never go back to iDoing for the money I saved.
Support from the company I bought it from was great. They sent out a replacement faceplate as the one I had wasn't correct for my model and were very quick to help with a couple of troubleshooting issues with reverse camera.
Strange, I paid under $700 for my idoing?

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
Strange, I paid under $700 for my idoing?
Is yours the standard screen or the larger 2K ?

Std:

1704922535258.png

Larger 2K:

1704922557221.png

The fixed-buttons down the left hand side of the panel are the easiest indicator.
Smaller screen has Home/Back/Volume controls while the larger screen has none (just the mic/reset)

Toslo4u

Vehicle(s)
2017 subaru levorg
Scored a Black Friday special on an Android headunit, though they sent me the wrong fascia (despite confirming required style with the seller upon purchase‍..) so am waiting on another. Can't switch screens on the MFD and praying I don't need hazards 'til it arrives.
STi steering wheel garnish to arrive soon. Front lip got lost in the post (refunded via Ebay) so have had to order another one, likely here mid' Jan.
Still on the hunt for a front RH WRX guard in black before I can swap across the other sideskirt to match.

- Tints
- Rear cargo step
- 20mm wheel spacers

i want to get thoses
tail gate lights

Brettzee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 2014

- Tints
- Rear cargo step
- 20mm wheel spacers

Thanks for all the detailed information and photos, this car is looking really good.
Question, did the head unit face plate come complete with the new air con dials...? They look so much better.

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the detailed information and photos, this car is looking really good.
Question, did the head unit face plate come complete with the new air con dials...? They look so much better.
Heya cheers. No those are OEM dials from a WRX/STi (Some Levorgs came factory equipped with the dials also).

CParker

Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Levorg

View attachment 1988

I was looking into the doing head units but as a 16 year old I couldn't justify spending the $900 price tag so thanks for the recommendation, I just had one question and its regarding the reverse camera issues. What were the issues and did you use the stock camera or the included camera with the head unit?

Cheers
Cody

CParker

Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Levorg
STI Steering Wheel Garnish arrived.

I did the lazy method and drilled a small hole in rear of the steering wheel to fit. Ordinarily I would have taken the time to un-do the airbag etc but it's a very time consuming method and it's mid-summer here so just wanted to get it fitted.

View attachment 1989

Lots of work happening on the hatch at the moment with getting it back on the road so the Levorg is living outside currently!

View attachment 1990
What did you end up doing with the left side steering wheel controls? I am looking to fit some to mine.

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
I was looking into the doing head units but as a 16 year old I couldn't justify spending the $900 price tag so thanks for the recommendation, I just had one question and its regarding the reverse camera issues. What were the issues and did you use the stock camera or the included camera with the head unit?

Cheers
Cody
I used the stock camera. The minor issue I had was the format of the video signal.
I had to change to either PAL or NTSC I believe. 5 second fix.

Trick was that once you're in the reverse camera screen (by putting the car into reverse) you have to hold your finger on the screen for 2 seconds to get the menu to appear. Had I of known this (i.e if there was a button on the screen instead that said "menu" I could have figured it out myself).

What did you end up doing with the left side steering wheel controls? I am looking to fit some to mine.
I found a Levorg being wrecked that had SWC on the wheel and simply retrofitted it to my car. Everything plugs in as it should.
Worth noting that the LH and RH button keypads are physically connected together by wires and you can't separate without rejoining wires.

Now, the buttons on the RH side were slightly different (the donor Levorg didn't have a sports-sharp mode, just Sports & Intelligent) so I ended up plucking the physical plastic button faces off of my Sports# & Sports/Intelligent and swapped them over.
(The programming for what these button units do is based in the ECU, not in the controls themselves).

Hope that makes sense.

CParker

Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Levorg
I used the stock camera. The minor issue I had was the format of the video signal.
I had to change to either PAL or NTSC I believe. 5 second fix.

Trick was that once you're in the reverse camera screen (by putting the car into reverse) you have to hold your finger on the screen for 2 seconds to get the menu to appear. Had I of known this (i.e if there was a button on the screen instead that said "menu" I could have figured it out myself).

I found a Levorg being wrecked that had SWC on the wheel and simply retrofitted it to my car. Everything plugs in as it should.
Worth noting that the LH and RH button keypads are physically connected together by wires and you can't separate without rejoining wires.

Now, the buttons on the RH side were slightly different (the donor Levorg didn't have a sports-sharp mode, just Sports & Intelligent) so I ended up plucking the physical plastic button faces off of my Sports# & Sports/Intelligent and swapped them over.
(The programming for what these button units do is based in the ECU, not in the controls themselves).

Hope that makes sense.
Cheers for that I only have Sports and Intelligent so should be an easy swap.