Only one reverse tail light?

What!?!

Vehicle(s)
My20
Very happy with my new ride. But I noticed while my wife was reversing out of the garage that there’s only one reversing light. As best I can tell it looks like that’s normal - but I’m hoping someone on here confirm that’s a fault and I can get the service center to fix on next visit..

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
Very happy with my new ride. But I noticed while my wife was reversing out of the garage that there’s only one reversing light. As best I can tell it looks like that’s normal - but I’m hoping someone on here confirm that’s a fault and I can get the service center to fix on next visit..
The wiring is most likely there for the bulb, but if your Levorg is RHD, you'll need to purchase the LHD specific rear light cluster to get the bulb mounting and vice versa for a LHD Levorg. That's going to cost you and please note that you would lose either the rear foglight or reversing light if you swapped out for the alternative market type lens. Although grey imported Subaru's to the UK in the day had a aftermarket rear foglight mounted on the rear bumper on the correct side.
Over the years, quite a few cars in the Subaru range have featured only one reverse light and only one rear foglight.
However, the MY 2021 Levorg does seem to feature two reversing and two rear fog lights. Or to be precise, two coloured lens for them each.
I remember my classic 1998 Impreza Sportwagon had two lens for the rear foglights but the left side one was blanked off. Only the right side one had the mounting facility for a bulb. The bugeye model onwards also did the same for the rear reversing light.
Please note though, you would lose either the rear foglight or reversing light if you swapped out for the alternative market type lens.

Last edited:

MarkMelbourne

Vehicle(s)
MY18 GT-S, Mazda2
Hi @robo498 - you mentioned to me the mob you purchased a good reversing LED lamp from, I forgot the name, could you share that with me again?
And for the benefit of others in the forum :)

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
G’day, not sure of your model, my Australian Market MY17 GTS has 2 reverse lights, one either side.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
strange, my MY18 has 1 (on the passenger side) ? and the drivers side is a RED fog light (that is turned on via the right indicator stork) ??

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
strange, my MY18 has 1 (on the passenger side) ? and the drivers side is a RED fog light (that is turned on via the right indicator stork) ??
Model changes, my right indicator stalk only activates the front fog lights, no rear fog light on mine.

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
Model changes, my right indicator stalk only activates the front fog lights, no rear fog light on mine.
Pretty sure the High intensity red rear fog light is mandatory in Europe regulations.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
So the early model had 2 lights and they changed it for the later cars?
Looks like it. I’d never really paid attention to it till I read this thread. Last night I noticed them both in a window reflection while reversing out of our Holiday accomodation down the Great Ocean Road while leaving to come home a day early because of our new Lockdown thanks to the dopey b!tch leader of NSW who STILL hasn’t locked down with over 800 Delta strain infections, now she spread it to us in Victoria. Lockdown number 5!

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
Looks like it. I’d never really paid attention to it till I read this thread. Last night I noticed them both in a window reflection while reversing out of our Holiday accomodation down the Great Ocean Road while leaving to come home a day early because of our new Lockdown thanks to the dopey b!tch leader of NSW who STILL hasn’t locked down with over 800 Delta strain infections, now she spread it to us in Victoria. Lockdown number 5!
Before criticising your government too soon you are lucky you don't have ours in the UK. They are predicting 100,000 new cases a day and are still going to remove all restrictions next Monday including wearing face masks...

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Before criticising your government too soon you are lucky you don't have ours in the UK. They are predicting 100,000 new cases a day and are still going to remove all restrictions next Monday including wearing face masks...
Wow that’s madness. I wasn’t critisizing my government, Vic government has done a great job, NSW government sounds more like your government, it’s NSW I was criticising. Their lack of action has forced other states who have just come out of lockdown back in. Maybe different over there, but here it is run by each State or territory. NSW still haven’t locked down after spreading it everywhere else. Victorians have done the hard yards, including a 113 day lockdown curfew included, only to have all that effort undone by her as now we are back in lockdown again because the pinhead running NSW won’t even close luxury shops SMH

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Wow that’s madness. I wasn’t critisizing my government, Vic government has done a great job, NSW government sounds more like your government, it’s NSW I was criticising. Their lack of action has forced other states who have just come out of lockdown back in. Maybe different over there, but here it is run by each State or territory. NSW still haven’t locked down after spreading it everywhere else. Victorians have done the hard yards, including a 113 day lockdown curfew included, only to have all that effort undone by her as now we are back in lockdown again because the pinhead running NSW won’t even close luxury shops SMH
So true, we in Victoria have done the hard yards....

MarkMelbourne

Vehicle(s)
MY18 GT-S, Mazda2
In may we traveled from Vic to Tas for a break. On stepping off the aircraft in Launceston whole plane was immediately ushered into a quarantine tent, temperature check 1st, mandatory travel history questionnaire and download a tracking app. Had to show both to quarantine staff who then handed us a card on who to call if we fell ill. All seemed very sensible, and was followed up with regular SMS's "if you feel ill, don't panic, just isolate and call us for help" and "Melb has had new exposure sites, if you were there, just call us for help now". Impressive, and made me feel obliged as a visitor to "follow the rules" and QR check in everywhere.

Arriving back in Melb? Nothing. Temp check, travel history, border permit: not checked. Whole plane just walked on in. Free for all. If I wasn't following the media I wouldn't have even known about new mask rules in effect. So very disappointing, yes I'm criticising Vic Government, they can and should be doing more at a major travel hub like Tulla.

Oh and to keep it on topic ;) we hired a Sante Fe which was surprisingly good after the diesel engine warmed up.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
In may we traveled from Vic to Tas for a break. On stepping off the aircraft in Launceston whole plane was immediately ushered into a quarantine tent, temperature check 1st, mandatory travel history questionnaire and download a tracking app. Had to show both to quarantine staff who then handed us a card on who to call if we fell ill. All seemed very sensible, and was followed up with regular SMS's "if you feel ill, don't panic, just isolate and call us for help" and "Melb has had new exposure sites, if you were there, just call us for help now". Impressive, and made me feel obliged as a visitor to "follow the rules" and QR check in everywhere.

Arriving back in Melb? Nothing. Temp check, travel history, border permit: not checked. Whole plane just walked on in. Free for all. If I wasn't following the media I wouldn't have even known about new mask rules in effect. So very disappointing, yes I'm criticising Vic Government, they can and should be doing more at a major travel hub like Tulla.

Oh and to keep it on topic ;) we hired a Sante Fe which was surprisingly good after the diesel engine warmed up.
Awesome job Tassie ;)
All states should follow that lead.
Went to Tassie last year, took the Levorg, but had bilsteins at the time, their roads can be as bad as ours, it will be interesting to take it back with the MCA’s

MarkMelbourne

Vehicle(s)
MY18 GT-S, Mazda2
Awesome job Tassie ;)
All states should follow that lead.
Went to Tassie last year, took the Levorg, but had bilsteins at the time, their roads can be as bad as ours, it will be interesting to take it back with the MCA’s
Yes! I want to do a proper road trip in it next time as well. My tip is going in off season, everything nice and quiet and easy traveling.

So the borg got up the Spirit of Tas boat ramps ok?

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Yes! I want to do a proper road trip in it next time as well. My tip is going in off season, everything nice and quiet and easy traveling.

So the borg got up the Spirit of Tas boat ramps ok?
Yeah we always travel just before or just after school holidays for that reason. We did the 6 day hike at Cradle Mountain, and drove around the North, west and south. Gotta go back and do the east side at some stage, COVID permitting of course. Spirit of Tas ramps is a good point mate, made it no problem, though she’s lowered now, so I may have to carve a few angles ;)