Show me your roof rack

Virgonaut

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S Sport 1.6DIT
Hey!
I'm going to buy some roof rack and I would like to know which fits (and looks) best. Could you post some photos of your choice?

I'm pretty sure this one fits well, are there any, nice alternatives?

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
I bought THULE, from Subaru dealer. There's two types of bar, one like the photo you posted where the bar plugs into the mounting ends, and the other one (that I chose) where the ends attach to the bottom of the bar, leaving some bar overhanging on each side. I haven't taken a photo of just the racks, but if you zoom on this photo you'll get the idea.
Benefits and drawbacks to each I guess, so personal choice.
I chose this style for a few reasons:-
1. Easier and more secure to tie things to because you can rope to both sides of the end bracket so it acts as an anchor so stuff doesn't move and slide.
2. This style increases the width of the rack, with the other style I couldn't fit the Cage, Swag AND awning on, probably just the cage.
3. This one allows the awning to sit out over the side of the car better because it can be mounted on the outside of the end bracket, whereas the other style can not.
Depends what you want them for. My style is probably a little more wind noise, and they don't look as smooth as the style you pictured, but as I only put them on when needed I chose function over form as I believe they are more versatile and aren't on that often . Levorg Roof Rack.JPG

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Levorg GTSV1 STI
I went with these:

They sit pretty low and stealth, look great. I like that. So far they have worked pretty well with surfboards and freeway driving.

Build quality is ok, budget priced but probably not as solid as Rhino or Thule however.

Let us know how you go.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jimmy

I went with these:

They sit pretty low and stealth, look great. I like that. So far they have worked pretty well with surfboards and freeway driving.

Build quality is ok, budget priced but probably not as solid as Rhino or Thule however.

Let us know how you go.
How are these going for you? They look nice. Do they connect in securely etc?

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
How are these going for you? They look nice. Do they connect in securely etc?
Hey Jimmy

Yes great so far, zero complaints. Ive done plenty of freeway driving using these and they hold up just fine.

Easy install, no wind noise, low key and a little more stealth than other brands. Dont stand out all that much.

I have noticed the build quality on the caps is a little off.... as in they are not a PERFECT fit when you lock them. But otherwise meh. all good.

Cheers!

Virgonaut

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S Sport 1.6DIT
I went with these:

Let us know how you go.
I bought those (Wingbar Edge 9595 + 3131 Kit), because they look most steamline, so should be most silent, as most of the time there will be no load. Just mounted and did test drive to 100km/h on rainy weather. I'm impressed as I didn't notice any additional voice until 90km/h. Sunroof opens easily with no issues.

The only con I see it's not that easy to mount comparing the Thules I had in Saab 9-5, where there was only one screw for each mounting point, so it was easy to detach. Here We have 3 for each, but this is probably caused by car manufacturer.

Attachments

bigsurlyt

Vehicle(s)
I bought those (Wingbar Edge 9595 + 3131 Kit), because they look most steamline, so should be most silent, as most of the time there will be no load. Just mounted and did test drive to 100km/h on rainy weather. I'm impressed as I didn't notice any additional voice until 90km/h. Sunroof opens easily with no issues.

The only con I see it's not that easy to mount comparing the Thules I had in Saab 9-5, where there was only one screw for each mounting point, so it was easy to detach. Here We have 3 for each, but this is probably caused by car manufacturer.
Hi Mate,

Those look superb! Good for the skis in winter over your way!! ;)