Skoobie

Skoobie

Thanks. Very lucky as picked it up as a demos so colour choice was very limited. My challenge now is to find the right rims - would like something in shadow chrome but options there seem very limited (if any). Other than that two early thoughts at this stage are Hussla 647 Directional or Oz Italia 150 5H. The search continues.

Last edited:

Skoobie

Now done the wing mirrors and blacked the chrome window trim.

Wing mirror before.jpg Wing mirror after.jpg

Next thing on the list is the tail lights.
The search for rims continues as I can't make up my mind on a selection.

Nick

Now done the wing mirrors and blacked the chrome window trim.

View attachment 653 View attachment 654

Next thing on the list is the tail lights.
The search for rims continues as I can't make up my mind on a selection.
Definitely keep us in the loop for wheel selection. I'm also considering options. The ENKEI RPF1 seems good bang for buck but will continue to research options.

Skoobie

Now done the rims - std rims (pic 1) replaced (pic 2 & 3)
Std rims.jpg New rims.jpg Rim closeup.jpg

Advanti Ceasar 18x8 with Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 245/45/18.
Body kit found for 2018 model (front lip was the sticker for a while) so t be ordered soon.

Jntp

Love the way the 245/45/18 tires fill out the guards, gives the illusion that the car is lower.
Did you have any issues with the overall larger diameter of the tires?

Skoobie

Love the way the 245/45/18 tires fill out the guards, gives the illusion that the car is lower.
Did you have any issues with the overall larger diameter of the tires?
Hi,
Thanks.
No poblem at all as went from 225/50/18 to 245/45/18 which means I will be slightly under : 100km/h on the speedo = ~99.3km on the road. The rims had a different offset to the standard but still had plenty of clearance on the brakes and struts which created the scope fo rthe size whcih does fill the guard much better.

Jntp

No poblem at all as went from 225/50/18 to 245/45/18 which means I will be slightly under : 100km/h on the speedo = ~99.3km on the road. The rims had a different offset to the standard but still had plenty of clearance on the brakes and struts which created the scope fo rthe size whcih does fill the guard much better.
Great, 225/50/18 is a higher profile than the 45 profile that it comes in from the factory so it's really good to know there is no problems. Thanks.

Skoobie

Looking Great Skoobie.
What brand is the exhaust and hows the note?
Apologies for the delay in replying - Exhaust brand is Exforce (cat back). The note is subtle which is what I was after - I wasn't looking for the big WRX rumble but have a bit of that distinctive sound in the background (I am older now so needed to be a little stately, plus the wife is happy so that is always a positive).

Skoobie

Now done a bit more.
Front splitter -
Bumper pre-splitter1.jpg Bumper pre-splitter3.jpg Splitter 1.jpg Splitter 3.jpg
Side skirts and rear pods
side.jpg side 1.jpg Side 3.jpgPrepod.jpg Pod.jpg
So in the end
Done1.jpg

Next is the rear roof but supplier was out of stock at this stage.

Ian