Suspension Differences

Shanemvb

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Hi Team,
I have a 2.0 GTS JDM MY15 which has the bilstien suspension, These were replaced 40k kms ago.
I have the opportunity to purchase the non bilstien suspension setup from a 1.6 MY14.
I am considering this, to have them sitting in the garage for when the inevitable happens to the Bilstiens.

Does anyone know if there are any differences between the 1.6 and 2.0 suspension? Spring differences for engine weight?
Also any fitment differences between bilstien and non?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Hi Team,
I have a 2.0 GTS JDM MY15 which has the bilstien suspension, These were replaced 40k kms ago.
I have the opportunity to purchase the non bilstien suspension setup from a 1.6 MY14.
I am considering this, to have them sitting in the garage for when the inevitable happens to the Bilstiens.

Does anyone know if there are any differences between the 1.6 and 2.0 suspension? Spring differences for engine weight?
Also any fitment differences between bilstien and non?

Thanks for any help and advice.
How much are you looking at spending on the 1.6LTR secondhand non bilsteins?
If they are from a Levorg fitment would be the same bilstein or not as they are both built for the car, Coilovers fitment is likewise. Whether or not there is a difference from the 1.6 to the 2Ltr mounting (strut length) is the question, though you would think they would be the same. Spring rate may be different for the front due to engine weight like you said, but I wouldn’t think by much, rears would be the same though. The 1.6ltr is 43kg lighter than the 2ltr, so probably not ideal. Putting 2Ltr setup in a 1.6ltr would be ok, just slightly stiffer ride which is fine. But bare in mind that neither setup, bilstein or non, was very good in our pre MY18 Levorgs, Bilsteins were clearly worse than the nons, but the nons weren’t great either. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Shanemvb

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Thanks for the thoughts, $175 NZD for all 4. 50000km, can’t hurt as a spare set or to try it out ha