That "Knock"?

Wilko

Hi All,
Maybe this question has been posted before but; Does anyone else have that take off "knock". I can understand the knock from the CTV when I change into reverse. What is the knock when you take off from a set of lights or from any stand still? Happens in I and S modes. Happens around the front wheel area.
Thanks in advance for answers.

nicodache

Well, if nothing ever got disassembled, that would be a factory defect (mis-assembled, or broken stuff ?) That'd be surprising, but can happen.

If you want to avoid a dealer trip for no reason, all I can suggest is to jack the front of the car up, and try to move everything, see what does *knock*. Damaged bushings, lose nuts/bolts, defective CV joints, suspension parts, damaged running gear (axles, diffs...)

It would be surprising you get such a thing, but at the same time, parts do fail :)

AKKO

Does it happen regardless of hill start or traction control being on/off?

Wilko

Does it happen regardless of hill start or traction control being on/off?
Can't say I have noticed it happening on a hill start. Thanks Nicodache I was planning to do that on the weekend. Let's hope it is something simple. Thank you gents for your replies.

Simmo1800

Oi Wilco
Did you find out what’s knocking, my 2.0 GT makes a noise from wheel arch area as well, I think it’s coming from the dreaded CVT
Simmo

Wilko

Oi Wilco
Did you find out what’s knocking, my 2.0 GT makes a noise from wheel arch area as well, I think it’s coming from the dreaded CVT
Simmo
You Simmo and to all who replied on this post; An Update. Finally got the car booked in to find the "knock". A "common" thing so I was told, after a test drive with the chief mechanic it could be one of two things. The driveshaft splines where removed and regreased. Sometimes from factory the cars are not greased enough hence the "knock" on take off; in forward and reverse. So for the time being all is good. The other just in case , the pads move on the discs; with that one they can do nothing about it! Thanks to everyone who replied.

Simmo1800

Wilco
Thanks for your reply, hope that was your problem and it’s fixed.
Simmo