Wiring diagrams

NZNiknar

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg 2.0 GT-S
Hey @HaydenHillas I've just spent most of today installing a new Sony head unit into my 2016 Levorg, including powering the MFD unit.

I used a 12V to 6V converter to power it (as well as the reversing camera) and removed the cable from the old Panasonic head unit that was plugged into the MFD unit.

If you put 6V into the red and black wires on the cable removed from the old head unit, it should power the MFD unit's extra sensors/cameras.

HaydenHillas

Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Levorg
Hey @NZNiknar thanks for your post! Well done doing that yourself.
Thanks mate, I had assumed that would work but been hoping for some affirmation on here. Do you know the current your converter puts out? I assume they are a standard sort of thing but don't really want to risk blowing it up. I think most I have seen are available for cameras so assuming it hasn't blown your camera up, it should be fine for the nav unit. Do you just take the power for the converter out of the accessories power for the HU?

Znipeer

Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Levorg
Hey @NZNiknar thanks for your post! Well done doing that yourself.
Thanks mate, I had assumed that would work but been hoping for some affirmation on here. Do you know the current your converter puts out? I assume they are a standard sort of thing but don't really want to risk blowing it up. I think most I have seen are available for cameras so assuming it hasn't blown your camera up, it should be fine for the nav unit. Do you just take the power for the converter out of the accessories power for the HU?
Hey im new to the Levorg scene, and have a 2014 jap Import im wanting to change the headunit, but don't want to loose my sensors etc. (A local audio guy says I won't be able too without loosing the sensors, going off his experience)

How did you get on Haydenhillis?

redpig

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
I have had the exact same thing happen having a pioneer head unit in my 2014 Levorg but with the parking sensor display on the MFD. @redpig did you have any luck powering the small unit above the head unit? From your post above it looks like that blue plug must be plugged into the unit for the MFD to display any kind of image?
@HaydenHillas unfortuantley not yet. We had a new little baby arrive that has been monopolizing my time. You do infact need to have that blue plug in to power the older GPS thats left behind. The test I need to do now is to see if there is one of those PINs thats earthed to the car. Just haven't had time.

redpig

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Hey @HaydenHillas I've just spent most of today installing a new Sony head unit into my 2016 Levorg, including powering the MFD unit.

I used a 12V to 6V converter to power it (as well as the reversing camera) and removed the cable from the old Panasonic head unit that was plugged into the MFD unit.

If you put 6V into the red and black wires on the cable removed from the old head unit, it should power the MFD unit's extra sensors/cameras.
Hi @NZNiknar I see you are Aukland based. Nice :). Any chance you could share some pics of how you powered the MDF? Would be SUPER helpful.

redpig

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
SO!!! Thanks to the help of all you lovely people and specially some GREAT advice from Brian at AutoHarnessHouse.com. I can HIGHLY recommend them! Please support them if you can in anyway.

So, the problem turned out to be very simple at the end of the day (easy when you know how ). We simply measured the voltage of the custom blue connector coming out the factory fitted Panasonic radio. The first pin supplies 6V. I then purchased a 12v to 6V converter (this cost $15 NZ) as suggested by @NZNiknar. Connected the 6V to the correct pin on the GPS box that was left behind from the factory radio and the camera now works. The compass screen just says loading but that doesn’t bother me in the least.

NZNiknar

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg 2.0 GT-S
SO!!! Thanks to the help of all you lovely people and specially some GREAT advice from Brian at AutoHarnessHouse.com. I can HIGHLY recommend them! Please support them if you can in anyway.

So, the problem turned out to be very simple at the end of the day (easy when you know how ). We simply measured the voltage of the custom blue connector coming out the factory fitted Panasonic radio. The first pin supplies 6V. I then purchased a 12v to 6V converter (this cost $15 NZ) as suggested by @NZNiknar. Connected the 6V to the correct pin on the GPS box that was left behind from the factory radio and the camera now works. The compass screen just says loading but that doesn’t bother me in the least.
I entirely missed this last year, sounds like you did exactly the same as what I ended up doing.
I'm glad you got it working.

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Hey all, old thread but..
I'm in the same boat, just replacing 2014 stock Panasonic head unit and noticed I also have the navigation unit.
As I don't have the SVM or parking sensors that i can see in my model do i loose any other functionality ?

I took car for a quick test drive and didn't see any issues with isight

I did notice the compass wont work with it removed, has anyone found solution for this, I dont really use but still

Last edited:

NZNiknar

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg 2.0 GT-S
Hey all, old thread but..
I'm in the same boat, just replacing 2014 stock Panasonic head unit and noticed I also have the navigation unit.
As I don't have the SVM or parking sensors that i can see in my model do i loose any other functionality ?

I took car for a quick test drive and didn't see any issues with isight

I did notice the compass wont work with it removed, has anyone found solution for this, I dont really use but still
I don't believe you'll lose any other functionality, aside from the compass.