mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Do you own the 2.0t??
How the 1.6t feels at low rpm??
You could compare both in a closed road hahahaha
Thanks friend!
@Raid_Renegade I believe this calls for a friendly race...for science

@lucavoltaI hold 1.1-1.2 bar from 3k rpm to redline, but spool starts from 2,500rpm. The improved flow means the engine can run higher boost levels more safely than with the smaller stock turbo.

lucavolta

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GT-S
@Raid_Renegade I believe this calls for a friendly race...for science

@lucavoltaI hold 1.1-1.2 bar from 3k rpm to redline, but spool starts from 2,500rpm. The improved flow means the engine can run higher boost levels more safely than with the smaller stock turbo.
Very interesting, so the 1.6 can hold more Turbo pressure and more HP than 200?

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Very interesting, so the 1.6 can hold more Turbo pressure and more HP than 200?
More boost pressure at higher RPM = more high-RPM torque hence more HP.
Stock turbo efficiency band is 2k-4k RPM, the bigger turbo from the 2.0l is about 2700-5800rpm.

Just make sure you also get decat/high flow cat to reduce back pressure and improve response even further. Oh and engine oil cooler, very important.

lucavolta

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GT-S
More boost pressure at higher RPM = more high-RPM torque hence more HP.
Stock turbo efficiency band is 2k-4k RPM, the bigger turbo from the 2.0l is about 2700-5800rpm.

Just make sure you also get decat/high flow cat to reduce back pressure and improve response even further. Oh and engine oil cooler, very important.
What is the higher temperature that you had with the oil cooler? I have to install on mine because here in Italy on summer my oil goes to 105°C..., where you buy the decat? Thanks

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
What is the higher temperature that you had with the oil cooler? I have to install on mine because here in Italy on summer my oil goes to 105°C..., where you buy the decat? Thanks
A short round of boosting would take my oil temps easily over 115°C. With the oil cooler I never see over 100°C even after hard driving.

The decat was a custom 3" weld job done locally in Kenya, however if you're looking for a bolt-on high flow downpipe any WRX unit should fit easily, especially the manual ones since your transmission is swapped.

lucavolta

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GT-S
A short round of boosting would take my oil temps easily over 115°C. With the oil cooler I never see over 100°C even after hard driving.

The decat was a custom 3" weld job done locally in Kenya, however if you're looking for a bolt-on high flow downpipe any WRX unit should fit easily, especially the manual ones since your transmission is swapped.
Very interesting, thank you for the informations. Do you have a photo about the decat?

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Very interesting, thank you for the informations. Do you have a photo about the decat?
Don't mind the shoddy exhaust wrap our roads are not favourable
Full 3" with mid resonator and stock axle-back boxes. Sounds stock but the car has a noticeable deep note. Might swap the backboxes to Fujitsubo if I can get my hands on them.

1702385602247.png

lucavolta

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GT-S
Don't mind the shoddy exhaust wrap our roads are not favourable
Full 3" with mid resonator and stock axle-back boxes. Sounds stock but the car has a noticeable deep note. Might swap the backboxes to Fujitsubo if I can get my hands on them.

View attachment 1944
Really thanks for the photo, so the mapper thinks that the engine is safe with the 2.0 turbo?

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Really thanks for the photo, so the mapper thinks that the engine is safe with the 2.0 turbo?
Not just safe, a lot *safer* even from the tuner's opinion. If you drive your car hard often, there is less back pressure, less heat buildup in the exhaust manifold/downpipe, better performance per PSI. (0.7 on the bigger turbo is equivalent to 0.9-1PSI on the stock turbo estimated)

Stock turbo is only good for people running their car very moderately ie. polite cruising and town running where the engine rarely sees over 3-4k RPM. The 1.6l engine was designed as an experiment to replace the N/A FB25 so it is understandable why they kept its power relatively low.

Trust me, you will feel the difference even with a conservative boost target of 1.0bar peak. I would highly recommend a protune though so make sure you have access to one before you do the swap. Piggybacks and OTS won't cut it.

Consumption is even better now when cruising because the turbo is less aggressive at lower RPM. I have an intake, exhaust and turbo and I am getting better numbers than before, Anywhere from 13-20km/l when driving conservatively.

lucavolta

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GT-S
Not just safe, a lot *safer* even from the tuner's opinion. If you drive your car hard often, there is less back pressure, less heat buildup in the exhaust manifold/downpipe, better performance per PSI. (0.7 on the bigger turbo is equivalent to 0.9-1PSI on the stock turbo estimated)

Stock turbo is only good for people running their car very moderately ie. polite cruising and town running where the engine rarely sees over 3-4k RPM. The 1.6l engine was designed as an experiment to replace the N/A FB25 so it is understandable why they kept its power relatively low.

Trust me, you will feel the difference even with a conservative boost target of 1.0bar peak. I would highly recommend a protune though so make sure you have access to one before you do the swap. Piggybacks and OTS won't cut it.

Consumption is even better now when cruising because the turbo is less aggressive at lower RPM. I have an intake, exhaust and turbo and I am getting better numbers than before, Anywhere from 13-20km/l when driving conservatively.
What do you mean with protune? My tuner have Ecutek, I think he can do some good things about this work

Last edited: