1.6l modifications

Levorg94

Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Levorg 1.6. Premium
Anyone driving the 1.6l here? Have you done any performance mods? Worth it? Any power gains? How much did it cost? Thinking of getting things done to my car, just not sure to wait for the warranty to finish (which is roughly 5 years) or just go ahead

MikeAWD

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg 1.6 GT-S Black
Hi, I have the 1.6. From my own experience driving a 2.0L WRX getting a cpu flash was like getting a new scary car. About a 50hp increase felt insane with intake and exhaust. My research for the 1.6 hasn't been very promising as far as HP increase. The limiting factor is the CVT is good for only 250lbs of TQ. But a good tune will definitely make for more of a fun drive. Absolutely need to upgrade the J pipe to get the benefits. Most results show a 35-50hp increase depending on mods. Which you really only need the high flow cat jpipe, upgraded intercooler makes a huge difference and simple drop in K&N filter. The tune will give better throttle response (like we want) and uncork the boost at the top end of the RPM range. Where currently the stock map basically shuts the turbo off. I'm sure you notice it. When the turbo kicks in you getting a little punch and then all of sudden it trails off like someone is pushing against the car. Fixing that part alone will make the driving experience sooo much better. So in summary, upgrading with a tune is definitely worth the driving experience but be realistic as far gains goes.

Alexlimpg

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GTS
Hi Mike! Thanks for sharing, I am looking to upgrade my intercooler and J pipe for my 1.6 Levorg. Any good recommendation?

MikeAWD

Vehicle(s)
For looks and price, mishimoto or Avo top mount and Avo j pipe. Depending on your location you might have two cats in the j pipe. So need to check that as the Avo is just the elbow off the turbo and replaces the first cat only. If you have two cats in the j pipe then you can remove the 2nd or opt for a more expensive jpipe that covers the length of both up to the stock resonator. There are many choices all around the same price in that case.

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
Hi Mike!
How many hp could reach our small fb16t??
Does someone knows any tuned Levorg 1.6t?
I spoked to a mechanic who swapped the 2.0t on 1.6t Levorg... i could see photos... amazing!!! it is crazy!

MikeAWD

Vehicle(s)
Hi Mike!
How many hp could reach our small fb16t??
Does someone knows any tuned Levorg 1.6t?
I spoked to a mechanic who swapped the 2.0t on 1.6t Levorg... i could see photos... amazing!!! it is crazy!
That's an expensive swap! It would be better to do an STI swap with drivetrain for that price range. I have only met tuned 2.0L owners, and most of them are using Cobb or similar plug and flash. But ECUTEK tuners seem to be able to handle 1.6L's and the best numbers I have seen is 228ps at the wheels. Which is basically max load for the 1.6L CVT. I used to have 300whp in my bugeye WRX. But the Levorg is so damn gorgeous and I love the trunk space.

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
That's an expensive swap! It would be better to do an STI swap with drivetrain for that price range. I have only met tuned 2.0L owners, and most of them are using Cobb or similar plug and flash. But ECUTEK tuners seem to be able to handle 1.6L's and the best numbers I have seen is 228ps at the wheels. Which is basically max load for the 1.6L CVT. I used to have 300whp in my bugeye WRX. But the Levorg is so damn gorgeous and I love the trunk space.
I agree, it is really expensive.
228ps are amazing! I dont know the reliability but playing on the limits can be a sad story hahaha

Togh

Hi I was buy some performance parts (yes I know, not everything its important like CAI but i like it ) and after new year will go for REMAP to MAptek in Poland , should be have 230 PS and 300 NM http://subaru.maptek.pl/pl/oferta/levorg_16_dit.php
(300nm not more for CVT protect )

Attachments

Last edited:

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
Hello!
I like your mods, when I have money I will do something similar...
You should add the boost controller solenoid:
Also i think that the car can reach 330nm on the cvt but limit the torque from 1.000 to 3.500rpm... it is just my opinion.
I am eagerly waiting your mods!!
Good luck!!!

Attachments

Togh

Thanks , I plan to record everything, especially boost (psi) on 3 gear then / before, gradually according to individual parts. Yes I was thinking about the 3 port solenoid, is a little more precise than the 2port OEM, but I think that his contribution to such slight adjustments is minimal .... or not? I'll like to be convinced if it makes sense :)

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
Good job!
Mid pipe and rear muffler delete is a great mod!!
Here my Levorg muffler delete:

Last edited:

Togh

Nice! Who is the manufacturer? Have you also "soft" or this is the only adjustment?

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
It is made by myself
I don't know the meaning of "soft" however the muffler is the one upgrade

Togh

Hi Slovakia, Maptek.pl or 4turbo.pl both have very good credibility ( friend have softwer from 4turbo) and after 3 y its everything ok.. you? Any idea?

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Sorry for being so late to the party, 1.6L owner here, was this power run through the stock CVT??

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Hi guys! So I have a '14 Levorg GT, and I'm planning the following mods:

-Mishimoto Cold Air Intake (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OBEOSZE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1)
-Invidia Catted stainless steel downpipe (https://www.subispeed.com/part/hs15swadoc-invidia-catted-downpipe-w-2-bungs-cvt-subaru-wrx-2015#.YvU5Y3ZBxOA)
-GrimmSpeed Boost Control Solenoid (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007O0PVW6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A32WN1A2ABQ137&psc=1)

Will have the car tuned once all these are fitted. Is there anything I should add/remove from this list? Target is ~190-200hp and ~290Nm with better response and slightly more top-end.