Stage 1 - Completed

iad

Cheers Gents.

After near on 1000km's done since installation the system has settled down nicely.
I was abit apprehensive at first about the potential 'drone' noise yet this slight 'in cabin' sound has calmed down to a feasible comfort level... hardly even noticeable now.

Prior to installation i used a sound deadening product in the tailgate/boot area. The start of limiting both road & exhaust noise and definitely worthwhile.

:D
I am interested in your sound deadening efforts. I find the tyre noise on course grain paved highways really annoying. Some of Melbourne's freeways have much smoother surfaces which means quieter inside. But I do not have the skill nor inclination to install sound deadening myself & am not sure who or where to get it done. I am also interested & upping the exhaust sound (which seems like a contradiction!) as I like the WRX sounds.
How much & where did you get your sound deadening done?

Parian

Levorg tailgate.jpg Most car audio outlets have sound deadening material for sale.
I used a product called Stinger Roadkill, grabbed a bulk pack (81cm X 45cm X 9 sheets) for $220.
Used half the box to do tailgate/boot area. Hopefully will have enough left over to do all doors when i upgrade the speakers.
Easy enough job to acheive yourself but arm yourself with time & patience.
Not sure what car audio places charge to fit it.

There are a few members here that have upgraded the sound system and got sound deadening installed also, they may be able to give you a better idea on costs.

Last edited:

Parian

66F67429-FE84-48FA-8118-3CFA47828DEB.jpeg A trip to spotlight store and a purchase of sticky back felt see’s the spare wheel well finished.

Has been mentioned else where in the forum, a full sized wheel fits in.

Anyone want a 2nd space saver wheel? :eek: $10 :D

AKKO

Was this for scratch resistant or sound deadening...?

Thanks for reminding me about the roll I have in the shed!

Parian

Both i guess.

Already laid down the sound deadening material (photo in a few posts above) so this felt was put on top to protect the spare wheel.
Does look more aesthetically pleasing too.