Stage 1 - Completed

iad

Cheers Gents.

After near on 1000km's done since installation the system has settled down nicely.
I was abit apprehensive at first about the potential 'drone' noise yet this slight 'in cabin' sound has calmed down to a feasible comfort level... hardly even noticeable now.

Prior to installation i used a sound deadening product in the tailgate/boot area. The start of limiting both road & exhaust noise and definitely worthwhile.

:D
I am interested in your sound deadening efforts. I find the tyre noise on course grain paved highways really annoying. Some of Melbourne's freeways have much smoother surfaces which means quieter inside. But I do not have the skill nor inclination to install sound deadening myself & am not sure who or where to get it done. I am also interested & upping the exhaust sound (which seems like a contradiction!) as I like the WRX sounds.
How much & where did you get your sound deadening done?

Parian

Levorg tailgate.jpg Most car audio outlets have sound deadening material for sale.
I used a product called Stinger Roadkill, grabbed a bulk pack (81cm X 45cm X 9 sheets) for $220.
Used half the box to do tailgate/boot area. Hopefully will have enough left over to do all doors when i upgrade the speakers.
Easy enough job to acheive yourself but arm yourself with time & patience.
Not sure what car audio places charge to fit it.

There are a few members here that have upgraded the sound system and got sound deadening installed also, they may be able to give you a better idea on costs.

Last edited:

Parian

66F67429-FE84-48FA-8118-3CFA47828DEB.jpeg A trip to spotlight store and a purchase of sticky back felt see’s the spare wheel well finished.

Has been mentioned else where in the forum, a full sized wheel fits in.

Anyone want a 2nd space saver wheel? :eek: $10 :D

AKKO

Was this for scratch resistant or sound deadening...?

Thanks for reminding me about the roll I have in the shed!

Parian

Both i guess.

Already laid down the sound deadening material (photo in a few posts above) so this felt was put on top to protect the spare wheel.
Does look more aesthetically pleasing too.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Hi all

Finally!!!...after near on 3 months, stage 1 has been completed of the 'WOO's' transformation.

Cash saved on negotiating a fair price for the GT model has been funneled back into personalizing her.

Here's the scope thus far...
1. Chrome delete on lower window trim using 3M 12mm black pinstripe.
2. Replaced front under grille with Corazon front under grille and 3M matte black vinyl wrapped.
3. Replaced front upper grille with Corazon front grille type S FRP, 3M matte black vinyl wrapped outer section, painted inside section to match car colour. At this stage i ran with the Corazon badge painted to match car colour.
4. Replaced tail lights with Corazon Led tail lamp black bezel.
5. Chrome deleted tail end strip above number plate with 3M matte black vinyl.
6. Chrome deleted the accessory liner with 3M matte black vinyl.
7. De-badged tail end of Levorg and AWD.
8. Replaced the stock silver Enkei rims with Corazon wheel matte black type.
9. Used Corazon titanium iridescent lug nuts to secure said rims.
10. Replaced the govt. standard issue maroon number plates to slim line black & white number plates.
Note: To me it was alot cheaper than buying personalized number plates.
11. MCA suspension X-c series

One could say it's a Corazon Levorg now. I'm quite pleased in how she turned out :D

Will post results of stage 2, when ever that occurs o_O

View attachment 164 Early Daze 'WOO'
View attachment 165 Front 'WOO' stage 1.
View attachment 166 Rear 'WOO' stage 1.
Noice ;)