UK levorg updates

Discussion in 'Subaru Levorg Modifcations' started by Kash, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Kash

Kash New Member

Likes Earned:
    Soooo....the levorg is back in the UK but only with the 2.0 nat asp engine and no bonnet scoop...booo!

The only upside being that the media unit will now have android auto and carplay.

2. leftfield lenny

leftfield lenny New Member

Likes Earned:
    Yeah, Subaru UK won't publish the performance figures, only the fuel consumption which is respectable. However, I managed to track them down (thanks to the word wide web) 0-62 m.p.h. in 11.7 seconds puts a different spin on performance now, doesn't it?
    I'll be sticking with my 1.6 turbo, thanks.

3. leftfield lenny

Likes Earned:
    I came across the new Levorg 2.0 N/A review on a UK site called Motorparks. According to them it runs a 0-62 time similar to the 1.6 of 8.9 seconds. Not so bad then.
    But I still suspect that its overtaking performance won't be much to shout home about. It's still down on horsepower and torque compared to the old 1.6 turbo engine. Which is still available to the Australian car market as well as the 2.0 turbo (STI) and the 2.0 N/A engines.

4. nicodache

nicodache Active Member

Likes Earned:
    Considering it's down on horsepower by 20hp, and on torque by too much, I do believe they just copy-pasted the 1.6 turbo numbers.
    unless the CVT in the turbo was set up to protect itself, and they can now unleash it to fully take advantage of the meager torque of the NA 2.0 (which it doesn't really feel to be the case when I drive mine), I can't see how they could manage the same 0-60 time...

Any of you would know of the 0-60 time of a car with similar set up ? ~150hp, around the same torque figures, same 1.6T weight, Auto/CVT/DSG/DCT box, etc...

5. leftfield lenny

Likes Earned:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  6. leftfield lenny

Likes Earned:
    I vaguely recall (and I'm sure that it was on this forum) that the CVT gearbox was the limiting factor in the way that the 1.6 Levorg performed. But it had a safety margin of up to 30 BHP.
    And that Subaru had put in place engineering software so that the CVT gearbox wasn't overstretched. So likewise, it's possible for Subaru to engineer the software to make the 2.0 N/A engine accelerate to 62 MPH at a similar rate to the 1.6 Turbo.

But I suspect that you're right Nicodache, the 0-62 sprint figure's most likely copied from the 1.6 Turbo's data, especially as no car magazine in the UK seems to be rushing to grant the car a full road test.
    [/QUOTE]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  7. leftfield lenny

Likes Earned:
    The I newspaper motoring column in the UK have road tested the 2.0 N/A Levorg, and the reviewer... liked it! He actually preferred it to the previous 1.6 turbo model that he tested a few years before. He still stated a 0-62 time of 8.9 seconds for it though. A figure I suspect that, and including many other owners are finding hard to swallow on a engine that produces less horsepower and torque than the 1.6 turbo unit. But it's the first all round full positive review that I've read in the UK from the cars introduction in the UK.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019