G'day from Victoria Australia

Shanemvb

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
G’day Shane, no I had mine fitted at the dealer before delivery. Yes the bumper needs to be cut, I’ve taken a photo for you. Call out if you need anything else.
View attachment 1027
This looks really sharp, i think i will pay someone to fit mine to avoid the risk of a hackjob haha

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
This looks really sharp, i think i will pay someone to fit mine to avoid the risk of a hackjob haha
Haha I feel ya! Gotta say though they didn't centre it perfecttly, bit annoying, I'm a bit anal like that, whadya do!

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
I like the way the one on my Levorg is hidden when not in use as the tow ball is detachable and the electric socket swings up behind the bumper. So it is not visible at all when not in use.

Capture pre.JPG
Capture.JPG

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
1500KG which is the Subaru towing rating for a braked trailer in Europe.

MarkMelbourne

Vehicle(s)
MY18 GT-S, Mazda2
To date I’ve done:-
-Tinted front windows and UV protection on all the factory tinted ones, as factory tint doesn’t provide any UV protection.
This has got my interest. What UV protection product or shop did you use? Is it clear? (As personally I don't want to change the clear front/tinting amount in the back, suits me fine right now)

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
This has got my interest. What UV protection product or shop did you use? Is it clear? (As personally I don't want to change the clear front/tinting amount in the back, suits me fine right now)
G’day Mark, any tint shop would have it I believe. Here’s one for you to start.
The dealer did mine, but he didn’t do the sunroof unfortunately. It’s the same material as normal window tint but it is clear (untinted), as no dye is added. All the factory tinted glass just has a dye added to it which offers no uv protection, or extremely little. Most people incorrectly assume the glass is uv stabilised just because it’s darker. You could just get clear uv film all round if you don’t want the fronts darker than they are now. As to the rears they are pretty much as dark as you can go legally (In Victoria at least) that’s why I just went for clear in the rears, I got the driver and passenger front windows tinted to match the rears.

Last edited:

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Looks great, bet it handled like a dream?
You know it! The MCA's made in June this year have tweaked internals, and they are soo much better than the previous ones. Feels like a totally different car, I'm lovinit again ;) I hear you'll be getting the new ones too soon ey ;)

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
You know it! The MCA's made in June this year have tweaked internals, and they are soo much better than the previous ones. Feels like a totally different car, I'm lovinit again ;) I hear you'll be getting the new ones too soon ey ;)
Yep, just picked up the car today as a matter of fact, and yes it drives heaps better, almost like a "normal" car but still firm and sharp and no bang over bumps! You are correct, the new MCA revision is much better, even my wife thinks so!

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Yep, just picked up the car today as a matter of fact, and yes it drives heaps better, almost like a "normal" car but still firm and sharp and no bang over bumps! You are correct, the new MCA revision is much better, even my wife thinks so!
Seems my missus agrees with your misses, I was able to smash the curves with no car sickness complaints lmao Got DHF to fit 20mm wheel spacers on all four while they did the suspension too, that new wide stance has removed even more body roll, love the handling ;)

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Man, I want the mesh grill for mine.
Yeah I much prefer the look of the mesh (same as the Rex) and the smaller chrome sits better with me too. So these Reno’s…they done yet LOL When are we gunna see some MCA’s tucked under your baby?

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
Yeah I much prefer the look of the mesh (same as the Rex) and the smaller chrome sits better with me too. So these Reno’s…they done yet LOL When are we gunna see some MCA’s tucked under your baby?
Agreed, should’ve had the mesh from the start.

Reno’s are done, place is on the market and we’re trying to sell. Bloody lockdown hit the breaks on the sale.

Tossing up whether I keep the car tbh.
It has to go back to Subaru as there is a ticking noise since the transmission was replaced and I drove the car this morning and there’s a metallic rubbing sound (I heard it prior to the transmission being replaced) at idle.

I’m just not happy with the car and now it’s out of warranty I’m worried it’s going to be a money pit. I mean I did want to throw on some coil overs, replace the head unit and look at blacking out the chrome, but I’m concerned it’s not going to be reliable as I’d hoped.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Agreed, should’ve had the mesh from the start.

Reno’s are done, place is on the market and we’re trying to sell. Bloody lockdown hit the breaks on the sale.

Tossing up whether I keep the car tbh.
It has to go back to Subaru as there is a ticking noise since the transmission was replaced and I drove the car this morning and there’s a metallic rubbing sound (I heard it prior to the transmission being replaced) at idle.

I’m just not happy with the car and now it’s out of warranty I’m worried it’s going to be a money pit. I mean I did want to throw on some coil overs, replace the head unit and look at blacking out the chrome, but I’m concerned it’s not going to be reliable as I’d hoped.
Yeah that’s a real shame, you have been a lot more unlucky than most I must say. Hopefully you haven’t been burnt off Levorgs totally, maybe another Levorg will treat you better, they’re generally very good, maybe you were the lucky one that scored a lemon :(

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
Yeah not sure I want another one. I don’t like the look of the new one at all and prices on late model ones are pretty high.
I don’t think it’s a lemon, it just seems minor issues. I just CBF dealing with calling Subaru, dropping it off/picking up etc. I mean I shouldn’t have to.

Last edited:

MarkMelbourne

Vehicle(s)
MY18 GT-S, Mazda2
Suby on The Great Ocean Road lowered with the latest MCA Pro Comforts. Just squeezed a trip in before lockdown, again!
So, apart from the looks, why lower? Am I right to understand that a lower height means less transfer of weight to the outside wheels in a corner, thus a more evenly distributed weight to all wheels, equaling more grip? I would guess you have 1-2cms of difference from stock height ... and this provides a noticeable driving difference? or is it only that the 'limits' are increased?

And conversely, going up. Lets say I'm sick of hitting the end of my driveway and want an improved approach angle. Seems easily done with a coilover setup, what would one expect to notice going up say 3cms?

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
So, apart from the looks, why lower? Am I right to understand that a lower height means less transfer of weight to the outside wheels in a corner, thus a more evenly distributed weight to all wheels, equaling more grip? I would guess you have 1-2cms of difference from stock height ... and this provides a noticeable driving difference? or is it only that the 'limits' are increased?

And conversely, going up. Lets say I'm sick of hitting the end of my driveway and want an improved approach angle. Seems easily done with a coilover setup, what would one expect to notice going up say 3cms?
You pretty much nailed it. Definitely the looks. Lower centre of gravity reduces body roll and improves handling, spacers widen the stance further reducing weight transference and body roll. Lowered around 15-20mm, I don’t have a flat surface to remeasure on yet as my garage is full of underfloor insulation rolls awaiting me to install them.
Lifting will give better approach and departure angles but whereas lowering decreases things like body roll and centre of gravity, lifting will increase these noticeably. If it’s just for your driveway perhaps a steel plate to flatten the approach, or you could always try drifting in and out ;)
I notified my insurance company of my suspension changes and all they wanted to know is that the car wasn’t lifted, I thought lowering would be more concern but apparently not, something to consider before lifting. You can also get suspension spacers which can provide a lift of up to 2 inches, a lot cheaper than changing the suspension unless you were looking to change it anyway.