Levorg Model differences and options for First time owner (NZ)

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Hi all

I have a old legacy GT-B and its time to replace, needed a wagon something bit better on fuel but also some ooomph
Have decided the 2014-15 levorg 2.0 fits the bill pretty nice.

1. Was the 2.0L ever sold as a New Zealand spec or are they all imports ? All the models I've seen for sale have Japanese media controls haven't seen any with English other than the 1.6 ?
2. The seats full leather and half leather was that an option from factory ?
3. Some of the models have media controls on the steering wheel and some do not was that an option or a different spec ?
4. I'm confused over the JDM 2.0l is it the same engine and CVT as the STI model just without the kit and strut brace ? We don't seem to have the spec b that AU had or am i wrong here

Can anyone give me the different models sold in NZ ?

Thank you appreciate the help, first post :)

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Hi and welcome,
1. Not sure what variants were offered in NZ, I'm in Australia, but all Levorgs are made only in Japan, so all are technically imports. The ADM versions (Aust Domestic Market) all have steering wheel controls and english multi media screens. The JDM versions (Japanese Domestic Market) have Japanese multimedia screens, all are RHD. JDM models are only sold in Japan, they can be imported from Japan second hand, whereas ADM and for example USDM, receive new cars at their respective countries specs. Not sure if there is a NZDM or if you get the ADM spec models. For this situation, 'Japanese Import' usually refers to a JDM spec model being imported to another country, as opposed to new cars being exported from Japan (which is still an import to the receiving country).
2. The GTS and STi models come with leather seats from the factory, not optioned.
3. As far as I know they all had steering wheel controls. Possibly someone has installed a non genuine wheel on that one, if so, the connections should all still be there.
4. The JDM and ADM STi models all have the same engine and CVT, the JDM models simply have a better more aggressive tune because Japan has way better fuel, so less risk of knock. The only difference between the GTS and STi models is a splattering of STi NON-performance parts, including:-
-STi written on Gear Knob
-STi written on Steering Wheel
-Front, side and rear skirts
-Front and rear STi badges
-Tower strut bar
-STi Enkei rims (black)
-Vortex generator on rear wing, very small one :rolleyes:
There may be a few others I can't remember right now, but you get the picture.
Definitely only use 98RON if you buy a JDM Spec, don't know what the fuel quality is like in NZ, but in Japan they run them on 104RON, so the ecu may retard the timing etc if you're 98 aint real flash.
I had my 2017 GTS dyno tuned, my instructions to the tuner were, I know the CVT can handle at least 400Nm, the JDM Spec has 221Kw and 400Nm, so I don't want to go over those figures, I want a 'mild safe' tune that will improve drivability and acceleration. The end results were 218.4Kw and 420Nm peak. As I had also previously installed an Invidia Q300 catback, and didn't quite make JDM Spec numbers (on the Kw at least) it's more than likely the lower quality fuel in Australia when compared to Japan's offerings.

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Hi and welcome,
1. Not sure what variants were offered in NZ, I'm in Australia, but all Levorgs are made only in Japan, so all are technically imports. The ADM versions (Aust Domestic Market) all have steering wheel controls and english multi media screens. The JDM versions (Japanese Domestic Market) have Japanese
Hey Guvna

Thanks for the detailed response.

It does look to me like we got the 2.0 GTS that AU got, just nothing for sale second hand
All the models for sale here seem to be Japanese models freshly imported (some still on boats)
Guess people are keeping them :)

With the seats there are some GTS models for sale here that have the half leather half fabric.
Defiantly seems to be quite a few GTS models without the audio controls as well which is very confusing .

Here is an example of GTS with no audio and half leather seats - See Here
And another the same - See here
This one has full leather and audio controls - See here

Thanks again :)

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Fair enough, Australia first got the Levorg in 2016, which I believe was the MY17 model, so the 2014 models seem to have been less equipped than these. Good to know. Looks like you guys over there also first got the Levorg in 2016, so it's a pretty safe bet that anything older than a MY17 has definitely been imported second hand from Japan. Check this link
Subaru Levorg is a NZ Car of the Year finalist | Subaru of New Zealand
This is interesting and relevant to you too

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
That makes sense, I'm looking at 2014/15 models for my price range so that's why I'm seeing imported models
Thanks for the links

J50OBY

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 170
Hey Guvna

Thanks for the detailed response.

It does look to me like we got the 2.0 GTS that AU got, just nothing for sale second hand
All the models for sale here seem to be Japanese models freshly imported (some still on boats)
Guess people are keeping them :)

With the seats there are some GTS models for sale here that have the half leather half fabric.
Defiantly seems to be quite a few GTS models without the audio controls as well which is very confusing .

Here is an example of GTS with no audio and half leather seats - See Here
And another the same - See here
This one has full leather and audio controls - See here

Thanks again :)
Japanese radio and satnav no good outside Japan. So,if you wanted these features, you would have to replace the unit.

voeun

Vehicle(s)
Levorg. Altezza
Happy with my purchase afew weeks ago. 2017 levorg gts nz/au model. Bought from queenstown, shipped to the north island. Theres suttle differences between the Au/Nz and jdm models. Jdm has more hp/kw. From what iv read, 0-100 is about the same; 80-120 is where the jdm is faster. I find my heater/air con dials are nicer than th jdm. I have the nice 3 silver dials. Nice that everything is in english too

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Thanks Voeun

Would love to get a AU/NZ model unfortunately my budget wont cover though

have seen the AC controls much nicer than the JDM model wonder if its an easy swap :p

Enjoy the new car

Kingfisher

Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Levorg 2.0
I got my 2015 2.0 back in December, is all in Japanese but not really bothered since use my phone with bluetooth for pretty much everything.
Fun car and really nice to drive.

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
I got my 2015 2.0 back in December, is all in Japanese but not really bothered since use my phone with bluetooth for pretty much everything.
Fun car and really nice to drive.
hey Kingfisher, i just got my jdm levorg and cant figure out how to play bluetooth audio im guessing from your msg it is possible on the stock jdm panasonic headunit ?

Kingfisher

Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Levorg 2.0
I had to use Google translate camera app to figure out what it was from Japanese and then connect firstly as a bluetooth phone then connect it for bluetooth audio. Doing it in that order allowed me to have phone calls and use all the wheel buttons and then run audio through it.