Suspension Options???

ARC

Vehicle(s)
2015 Levorg 1.6 Turbo / 2013 Forester XT
Hi Guys,

anyone tried Bilstein B12 setup eith Bilstein B8 shocks with Eibach springs.Only lowers the car about 15/20mm.

Raid_Renegade

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG
After reading this post
I saved up and bought my first coilovers, Tein Flex Z , so far best ever mod/decision Ive made.

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
After reading this post
I saved up and bought my first coilovers, Tein Flex Z , so far best ever mod/decision Ive made.
Im looking at these currently, what your opinion on the firmness the op mentions, how are they for you ?

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Yep definitely. We also had an issue with this weird popping/creaking sound after driving on the highway (
- daughter was asleep in the back seat) when it still had factory suspension. I took it to the Subaru dealership as well as a local suspension shop and neither could replicate the issue after seeing the video or find any issues at all with the steering or suspension parts (the problem would only present itself after a long drive).

Maybe it was the top hat? I'm guessing no one else has experienced this sound? Was worried it might've been a cv joint or something. Steering wheel didn't have any shakes or play. In any case, that sound hasn't reappeared since getting the coilovers.
I'm now having this exact same problem with the exact same noise however mine is constant only at lower speeds. Top hat changed but did not solve the issue. All taken apart and nothing obvious is the issue. Is going to have a look again this week. 2015 GT-S 82000km

Virgonaut

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S Sport 1.6DIT
I'm now having this exact same problem with the exact same noise however mine is constant only at lower speeds. Top hat changed but did not solve the issue. All taken apart and nothing obvious is the issue. Is going to have a look again this week. 2015 GT-S 82000km
I have similar sound when I'm reaching traffic stopper, but it is one tap. Mechanics said there is nothing wrong with suspension. My case is annoying, I cannot imagine how your case is irritating..

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
I have similar sound when I'm reaching traffic stopper, but it is one tap. Mechanics said there is nothing wrong with suspension. My case is annoying, I cannot imagine how your case is irritating..
Problem solved. Threada on the strut where the centre nuts fixes were goosed. Spacer washer installed between top mount and nut. Noise gone away. Was clearly a little loose.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Which sway bar and camber Arms did you go for

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
2014 FA20 Levorg, 2008 600HP 6MT Impreza STi
For anyone contemplating this upgrade in NZ/AUS, here are the cheapest options for the Cusco Touring Set with Ti2000 springs.
https://www.rhdjapan.com/cusco-touring-a-shock-absorber-front-set-vag-vmg-vm4.html
https://www.rhdjapan.com/cusco-touring-a-shock-absorber-rear-set-vag-vmg-vm4.html
Spring rates are 5.2kg/mm Front, 5.7kg rear.

Here is the RSR example of the height achieved :

Source: https://www.rs-r.co.jp/script/itemsearch/index.html?レヴォーグ&VM4&suspension

Total shipped price comes to $1,614 NZD, which is within $100-200 less than what a set of Cusco Zero A Coilovers would cost
(https://www.rhdjapan.com/cusco-street-zero-a-red-coilover-suspension-kit-levorg.html), only without the necessary expense of going down NZ's LVVT certification route (a safety check requirement here in NZ for any height-adjustable suspension, which is charged by the hour, a full check is usually about ~$800NZD).

Both options allow for the upgrade of Cusco E-Con2 electronic damper adjustment which essentially just a "lazy", electronic, in-cabin method of winding the damper rates up/down for street/spirited/track driving. An additional $600 expense.

I'm still torn between two options. Of course the Cusco Zero A coilovers are "un-tested" and use a slightly higher spring rate of 6kg F/R which matches that of the Tein's that IANDLIP mentioned were quite "stiff, even at softest setting".

I appreciate that IANDLP has had the ability to test so many options and given an honest, uniform review of each, so thanks! I can't imagine that would have been a cheap exercise.

data_bloke

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg GT-S
Hello Everyone,

For those of you in NZ, trying to get options, I went with D2 racing Street Pro coil overs. It ran me $2200 installed and $900 for the cert. As a part of the cert it also required rear lower control arms($400) to get camber to +-1.5deg of factory spec. Ended up to be an expensive ordeal but the car drives a lot better now. I'm still playing around with the stiffness and might make it a bit more softer but the dampening is far far between and I feel the rolling resistance has reduced too. Might be a good option for those considering suspension change in NZ.

Cheers,