Suspension Options???

Arthur

Vehicle(s)
2017 levorg gts
Hi fellow Levorg owners,

I'd been watching this thread since I picked up my Levorg in October because I also noticed the front suspension bottoming out (haven't noticed the rear being too bouncy/floaty that some owners have experienced). I bit the bullet and ordered a set of Neomax S coilovers from Silvers Suspension - just felt more comfortable ordering them locally than from overseas, that's just me ... And of course Gerald Reyes and perhaps other forum members have also mentioned getting these.

Anyways, had them installed by Pedders just yesterday and immediately took the car to the roads I know that cause that hard 'crash' - you never forget those 'soft pot holes' or undulations or Macca's speed bumps. Glad to report that the vehicle now responds the way it should have in the first place.

If anyone's experiencing the same suspension issues, I highly recommend getting yourself a good set of coilovers. Personally I can recommend the Neomax S from Silvers Suspension.

Btw, these coilovers are height adjustable within 50mm. But I had Pedders keep the car at the same ride height.

Gonna head to the coast this weekend. If I happen to encounter any issues, I'll post here.

Cheers
Cheers mate
Is it a real firm real sporty feel or still nice and comfortable after the coil over instal

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
Nice, and the cost? For the parts and fitting? Where did you get them from ?
The Neomax S coilovers were $1499 + freight $14.99. Pedders charged $877 for installation and wheel alignment.

Can probably get it installed for cheaper elsewhere maybe? They'd like to do a follow up after about 1000kms to check the adjustment rings have set in nicely and haven't moved.

Not cheap by any means, but I guess I just wanted it all sorted for peace of mind before driving it on long trips with family at the end of the year.

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
Cheers mate
Is it a real firm real sporty feel or still nice and comfortable after the coil over instal
This is just my own opinion as others with the same coilovers might feel different about it. Having it set to the same ride height as the original, it's just a tad firmer than before. I wouldn't even say firm, more like the overall handling and ride feels bit more 'tightened and secure' if that makes sense? My wife doesn't notice the difference at all, but then again she's not that into cars as I am ;)

I try to think back before the installation, the car may have felt a tad more floaty in comparison. But there's no way I'd go back because the difference in 'firmness' is very very minor to me. The way it feels now feels a whole lot safer. And it's so good going over those bits on the road or speed humps and not getting the hard thump.

Last edited:

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
This is just my own opinion as others with the same coilovers might feel different about it. Having it set to the same ride height as the original, it's just a tad firmer than before. I wouldn't even say firm, more like the overall handling and ride feels bit more 'tightened and secure' if that makes sense? My wife doesn't notice the difference at all, but then again she's not that into cars as I am ;)

I try to think back before the installation, the car felt a bit more floaty in comparison. In the end, there's no way I'd want to go back. The way it feels now just feels safer to me. And it so good going over those bits on the road and not getting the hard thump.
Potentially my next upgrade would be the tyres. There was another post in the forum of someone recommending a particular set of tyres that would help soften the ride even further. But that's most likely an EOFY tax return thing for me.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
G'day Doogz
Glad you're happy with your new setup, hope you experience no further issues, let us know how you go, and also a comparison to the other aspects of the handling compared to the stock. Comfort, firmness, bodyroll etc
Enjoy your cruise to the coast mate

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
Hi fellow Levorg owners,

I'd been watching this thread since I picked up my Levorg in October because I also noticed the front suspension bottoming out (haven't noticed the rear being too bouncy/floaty that some owners have experienced). I bit the bullet and ordered a set of Neomax S coilovers from Silvers Suspension - just felt more comfortable ordering them locally than from overseas, that's just me ... And of course Gerald Reyes and perhaps other forum members have also mentioned getting these.

Anyways, had them installed by Pedders just yesterday and immediately took the car to the roads I know that cause that hard 'crash' - you never forget those 'soft pot holes' or undulations or Macca's speed bumps. Glad to report that the vehicle now responds the way it should have in the first place.

If anyone's experiencing the same suspension issues, I highly recommend getting yourself a good set of coilovers. Personally I can recommend the Neomax S from Silvers Suspension.

Btw, these coilovers are height adjustable within 50mm. But I had Pedders keep the car at the same ride height.

Gonna head to the coast this weekend. If I happen to encounter any issues, I'll post here.

Cheers
Thanks for the update, Glad to hear the Neomax are a good option.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread also and i'll be going down the same route. Just curious, how much did Pedders change for the install?

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
Thanks for the update, Glad to hear the Neomax are a good option.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread also and i'll be going down the same route. Just curious, how much did Pedders change for the install?
Pedders charged $877 incl. wheel alignment.

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
Hi all, just a quick update. I've since played around with the hard/soft dials on the coilovers (whatever they're called, dampening setting, dunno, see pic). The range from hardest to softest is 40 clicks and currently have it at 15 clicks from the softest setting on front and rear. This is the sweet spot for me atm with the ride now noticeably smoother over small road imperfections vs factory suspension so I'm a happy chappy. It's our daily driver so I may experiment with going softer just to see/compare. Anyone out there with same set of coilovers, different setting?

20201217_013415.jpg

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Thanks Doogz
Glad your happy with them, thanks for the update. I assume your cruise was way more enjoyable than it was on stock?

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
As to tyres...
I recently changed tyres, stock suspension and STi alloys, changed the stock Dunlop Sportmaxx 225/45 R18 to Falken Azenis 235/45 R18 on same rims. Much happier with the tyres, better than the Dunlop’s in every regard and cheaper too. Going 235 from 225 with same profile adds about 4mm to the sidewall height, helps a little with the bumps though not as much as I’d hoped. It also adjusted the Speedo by 1kmph which is fine as stock reads 3km faster anyway, so now mine reads only 2kmph faster at 100kmph.

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
Thanks Doogz
Glad your happy with them, thanks for the update. I assume your cruise was way more enjoyable than it was on stock?
Yep definitely. We also had an issue with this weird popping/creaking sound after driving on the highway (
- daughter was asleep in the back seat) when it still had factory suspension. I took it to the Subaru dealership as well as a local suspension shop and neither could replicate the issue after seeing the video or find any issues at all with the steering or suspension parts (the problem would only present itself after a long drive).

Maybe it was the top hat? I'm guessing no one else has experienced this sound? Was worried it might've been a cv joint or something. Steering wheel didn't have any shakes or play. In any case, that sound hasn't reappeared since getting the coilovers.

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
As to tyres...
I recently changed tyres, stock suspension and STi alloys, changed the stock Dunlop Sportmaxx 225/45 R18 to Falken Azenis 235/45 R18 on same rims. Much happier with the tyres, better than the Dunlop’s in every regard and cheaper too. Going 235 from 225 with same profile adds about 4mm to the sidewall height, helps a little with the bumps though not as much as I’d hoped. It also adjusted the Speedo by 1kmph which is fine as stock reads 3km faster anyway, so now mine reads only 2kmph faster at 100kmph.
Those alloys do look sweet. Very tempted in a wheel & tyre package someday, hopefully one that also increases the sidewall height too!

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
That video doesn’t sound like a cv joint, unless a cv is really bad it will only click on close to full lock, and much more uniform pattern click click click, the faster you go the faster the click. Hard to tell with video audio but I’d guess top hat, my left front shock and top hat were replaced under warranty after making a similar sound, also not present all the time. I’d say you’ll be right now

Jevon

Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Levorg
Yep definitely. We also had an issue with this weird popping/creaking sound after driving on the highway (
- daughter was asleep in the back seat) when it still had factory suspension. I took it to the Subaru dealership as well as a local suspension shop and neither could replicate the issue after seeing the video or find any issues at all with the steering or suspension parts (the problem would only present itself after a long drive).

Maybe it was the top hat? I'm guessing no one else has experienced this sound? Was worried it might've been a cv joint or something. Steering wheel didn't have any shakes or play. In any case, that sound hasn't reappeared since getting the coilovers.
Hey, did you figure what was the cause of the knocking sounds? I’m currently having tht issue with stock suspension

nicodache

I heard from my dealer the strut tower hats were a point prone to failure - he had to replace the left one on mine at ~70kkm IIRC.

ARC

Vehicle(s)
2015 Levorg 1.6 Turbo / 2013 Forester XT
Hi All,

any ideas about Bilstein B12 set?

I have 2015 Levorg 1.6turbo, and I hate the shocks !!!A weird bounce makes me sick!

Any ideas?