Automatic Folding Mirrors and Windows

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
this guy has bright ones, I saw the subiespeed video and his ones were not that bright, but it is in English and shows how to wire them up.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
this one is not that bright, but they do sell them and I cannot find them anywhere? The German guy said he got them from eBay USA.

Suffolk

this guy has bright ones, I saw the subiespeed video and his ones were not that bright, but it is in English and shows how to wire them up.
I've done this mod before on a VW, very easy. If you do this mod you might as well buy sequencial mirror lights and you can also wire them up as daytime running lights. You can buy them for $100 on eBay like I did. You may find them cheaper.

Levorgus

Awesome tips on install of the auto window winder/mirror folder, thank you.
Ive found that the drivers side rear window doesn’t work, just in the process of figuring out why but wondered if anyone had experienced this?

Jimmy

Awesome tips on install of the auto window winder/mirror folder, thank you.
Ive found that the drivers side rear window doesn’t work, just in the process of figuring out why but wondered if anyone had experienced this?
You need to wind down and wind up the other 3 windows one at a time. do it from the central control in the drivers seat first. If it doesn’t work, then from each window and keep doing different combos until it resets itself. Normally the drivers seat up/down does the job.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
You need to wind down and wind up the other 3 windows one at a time. do it from the central control in the drivers seat first. If it doesn’t work, then from each window and keep doing different combos until it resets itself. Normally the drivers seat up/down does the job.
Yep. And unless your window closing module is a faulty one, it has nothing to do with the module, it's just a Subaru thing. Before I put my module in I had this problem several times, whenever the battery is disconnected or goes flat. If the battery is disconnected, you need to retrain the windows. If the above doesn't work, try this...on each window, roll all the way down holding button in, then holding button up roll up and stop an inch or two from the top, then roll up holding button up the rest of the way and continue holding the up button for a second or two after it closes fully, then release the button and tap the down button and it should work normally. Did my head in when it first happened to me too.

Levorgus

Thanks for the responses, the window works normally (with auto) from the controls (both drivers seat and window control) and has done right through- I’ve played around with the windows but no luck; the closer module still won’t open of close the drivers rear window. Don’t suppose anyone has a wiring diagram for the window system? All I have is a wrx diagram which is very different (I don’t think the wrx has auto on all windows?)

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Thanks for the responses, the window works normally (with auto) from the controls (both drivers seat and window control) and has done right through- I’ve played around with the windows but no luck; the closer module still won’t open of close the drivers rear window. Don’t suppose anyone has a wiring diagram for the window system? All I have is a wrx diagram which is very different (I don’t think the wrx has auto on all windows?)
All this only happened after you put the mirror/ window closer in? Before that all windows were normal?

Levorgus

All this only happened after you put the mirror/ window closer in? Before that all windows were normal?
Before I put the window/mirror closer in all windows worked normally, and they still do- the only issue is that the drivers side rear window will not close when locking or open when pressing unlock-lock-unlock like the rest of the windows. I figured it must be an issue with the harness supplied with the closer module but can’t figure out the window wiring to check (the module could be faulty too I suppose).

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Before I put the window/mirror closer in all windows worked normally, and they still do- the only issue is that the drivers side rear window will not close when locking or open when pressing unlock-lock-unlock like the rest of the windows. I figured it must be an issue with the harness supplied with the closer module but can’t figure out the window wiring to check (the module could be faulty too I suppose).
Did you see the photos on page 1 of this chart? They may help you? But sounds like you purchased yours from a different seller? Who may have different colour wires.

Jeff

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2.0ltr, Volvo C30 R design, HSV 285kw Clubsport
Just installed latest version and is now all plug n play. No need to cut any wires or reposition Wires. All works great. Should have been standard inclusion. We have this on our Volvo C30 and love it so that is why I wanted it on the levorg. Fast shipping as well considering it came from China. Thanks for all the info.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I can't seem to find it for sale. Could someone share the link please.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
I can't seem to find it for sale. Could someone share the link please.
You need LHD or RHD?
Mines RHD and here's a link to my thread about it

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Cool, I've edited my above post and threw the link in there for you ;)
Thank you for your help
Ordered £50 delivered, let's hope it misses customs

Last edited:

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Check Facebook marketplace! $50
Aha that could be Nangs one, he bought it from the same place as me but never fitted it and has since sold the Vorg, he's got a few other parts up for sale to...