Automatic Folding Mirrors and Windows

Jeff

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2.0ltr, Volvo C30 R design, HSV 285kw Clubsport
I also put in new version of auto mirror close and it is great. Some extra clicks every time door is opened or moved further open again but seems to work fine.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Maybe because it's cold but I can't even get the door cover off

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
OK, got the cover off and with a quick half hour I've plugged it all in and nothing ! it does seem to have made the open close function of the mirrors, backwards on start up. I'll have a look tomorrow when I have more time.

Should I connect it with mirrors open or closed with the door open first?OK, the only thing this module has done is that it's stopped the auto up function.

I wonder if I need to swap wires but trying to open them photos, my phone doesn't like it

Last edited:

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
OK, got the cover off and with a quick half hour I've plugged it all in and nothing ! it does seem to have made the open close function of the mirrors, backwards on start up. I'll have a look tomorrow when I have more time.

Should I connect it with mirrors open or closed with the door open first?OK, the only thing this module has done is that it's stopped the auto up function.

I wonder if I need to swap wires but trying to open them photos, my phone doesn't like it
G'day Rob,
That's weird, and obviously not right. As it all can only be connected one way you couldn't have done anything wrong.
The only thing I can think of is this... The modules are Left hand drive and Right hand drive specific, did you specify to the shop which one you needed?
Other than being faulty I would suggest you have a LHD for a RHD or vice-versa.
As to mirrors being open or closed etc I don't believe that would make a difference, but when I installed mine, my mirrors were open because the door was open.
Good luck with it.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
G'day Rob,
That's weird, and obviously not right. As it all can only be connected one way you couldn't have done anything wrong.
The only thing I can think of is this... The modules are Left hand drive and Right hand drive specific, did you specify to the shop which one you needed?
Other than being faulty I would suggest you have a LHD for a RHD or vice-versa.
As to mirrors being open or closed etc I don't believe that would make a difference, but when I installed mine, my mirrors were open because the door was open.
Good luck with it.
I did wonder if the wires were wrong. I'm going to see if power is going to and from the box before unpinning it. Obviously without the box everything worked OK. Although, my drivers side rear window has never worked off the drivers switches. From the rear it works.

That long wire with 2 adaptors on, unused. I wonder if I need to use it somehow. I have had a look and can't see where.
I also wondered if the orange connector was the wrong way around as the box connected to their end looks a little weird.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
I did wonder if the wires were wrong. I'm going to see if power is going to and from the box before unpinning it. Obviously without the box everything worked OK. Although, my drivers side rear window has never worked off the drivers switches. From the rear it works.

That long wire with 2 adaptors on, unused. I wonder if I need to use it somehow. I have had a look and can't see where.
I also wondered if the orange connector was the wrong way around as the box connected to their end looks a little weird.
The longest wire, by memory is for the central locking switch, which is located on the drivers actual door, not on the armrest like the other 3. Did you buy it from the link in my thread? or somewhere else? Because I am going by the setup of the manufacturer I bought from, if you bought somewhere else it could be different? But all wires should be used, and unless you have purchased a RHD module for a LHD car (or vice-versa) it should all work plug and play without any pin swapping or wire cutting.

Last edited:

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Ah ha! I didn't see the central locking plug last time. Plugged it in and hey presto! It works. Awesome thanks.