Robsyuk 2018 Levorg Sti

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Hey all,

I thought I should do a thread to keep track of my Levorg with any changes, updates, repairs and modification.

I sold my 2006 jdm hawkeye impreza in 2022 as I needed a bigger car. It was an absolute monster of a car but I'm glad I went for the Levorg.

Darren at Torque GT found this Grade 4B Sti with 83,000km at auction

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
After flying through it's first mot, service and undersealed with dinitrol products, it was time to collect the Levorg.

A 3 hour train ride to Torque GT and finally in the Levorg! There's some amazing cars in Torque GT and if it wasn't for the plate, I would have said that hawkeye was mine!

4hour drive in some torrential rain, every now and then the eyesight errors would display on the dash, I'd panic the car was broken, but it turns out the eyesight can't work in torrential rain.

Attachments

Last edited:

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
While seeing if the JDM stereo could have it's software over written so that it could work in the UK, Don on Scoobynet found out the entire spec of my car.
Safe to say I think it has every mod con the STi could have added.

The Stereo will be replaced for one that does work in the UK at some point.

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
For those with a Levorg will already know how pathetically dull the interior lights are.
Yup, kids left them on and first issue in December, a dead battery.

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
More protection for the boot was next. The rear bumper has some marks that I'm tempted to get repainted, but I'll put strong money on the colour not matching the rest of the car.

Attachments

Last edited:

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Next on the list, and a must for any car in my eyes, rear rubber mats!
These can help you get out of mud if needed and also help protect your carpets.
Sourced from a subaru dealer for around £12

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Folding mirrors next! Bashing my head against the wall, wondering why they were not working. They are literally plug and play, and I forgot to put a plug in :rolleyes:

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Gave the car a really good clean. No point flooding here with clean pics yet, so here's the exhaust

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Rally Armour flaps installed.
While doing the flaps it was good to see no mud or rust behind the arch liner, and it Made sense to pack if out with Dinitrol cavity wax to protect it all for longer.
Noticed these scratches on the rear struts!:eek: There's no signs of leakage but I covered it with lithium grease just in case.
The stock suspension isn't as hard as my JDM Hawkeye and if and when it needs replacing, I'll upgrade to Tein.
I think the mud flaps really set it off.

One tip! Use tape to protect the paintwork from the clips that go over the arch edge. From experience they can chip the paint.

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
After the mudflaps a parcel arrived. :D These Corazon lights were super simple to install, another plug and play product.

The only issue I had, was that after routing the wires into the boot I connected the plug Jacks.
I had to unpin the plug jack as I had to route them into the top of the boot to connect all 4 lights together. The metal pins are so small and fragile, I was worried ai was going to snap one.
Amazingly, they came out and back in perfectly. *looking at the photos in the instructions, I'm sure it says don't connect the plug jack until the wires are in the top of the boot. I should have read the instructions more.

I think they are an awesome upgrade.

While here I also installed lights into the boot lid for much needed light at night.

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I was dreading this next mod but knew it was about being methodical. As the boot trim was all out for the lights, it made sense that now was the time to install tbe electronic tail lift (boot).
With the amount of wires everywhere, even the neighbours asked if I was OK and knew what I was doing, lol.

Once I started, and with some Chinese instructions that were pretty pants I was committed.
5hrs and help again from Don on scoobynet & a German yoytube video, the electronic tail lift (boot) was installed.
I'm not a fan of drilling holes in original button housings, but I think it went well.

I can't upload a video, but holding the button on the dash down, opens and closes the boot.
Pressing the key button several times and it goes up and down.
There's also a button on the boot that replaces the handle hole, so no drilling unlike the youtube video.
You can close the boot by hand, and these an emergency green string to open it from inside if there's any issues.

*The wire in the fuse without a piggyback was for me to remember where it goes. There's now a piggyback in there.

Attachments

Last edited: