Robsyuk 2018 Levorg Sti

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
Very very nice Robsy. And a fabulous looking Hawk too. How are you finding the CVT? There's a lot of negativity on the forums, mostly from people who've never driven one. Personally I really like it, it suits the car well.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Very very nice Robsy. And a fabulous looking Hawk too. How are you finding the CVT? There's a lot of negativity on the forums, mostly from people who've never driven one. Personally I really like it, it suits the car well.
The only thing that bothers me a little is that when you put it in drive it goes. That sounds silly but it's like driving for the first time, if you're not ready it's gone.

My wife's car is an auto, as is my work
Van, and around my area with constant stop start, it's great.

In the back of my head I worry after hearing all of the fears, but when you actually try and Google CVT on Sti failures, I can't find any.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Good work Robsy , anything else still to do ?

Just some bits. ;)

Interior;
Front seats
Radio
Gearstick
Steering wheel
Gas pedals
Dials - 180kpg to 220kph

Outside:
Front grill
Front lights
Wheels
6 pot Brakes
Exhasut
Air filter
Side skirts
Wings
Suspension

Engine;

Filter
Plugs
fluids
Map / tune for UK fuels

I think that's it

Reactions: IAF

20kendo

Vehicle(s)
Legacy RS30 , Levorg 1.6GT
Just some bits. ;)

Interior;
Front seats
Radio
Gearstick
Steering wheel
Gas pedals
Dials - 180kpg to 220kph

Outside:
Front grill
Front lights
Wheels
6 pot Brakes
Exhasut
Air filter
Side skirts
Wings
Suspension

Engine;

Filter
Plugs
fluids
Map / tune for UK fuels

I think that's it
So pretty much everything then :)

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Cleaned the engine bay ready for Japshow at Santapod this Sunday.
Replaced the battery clamp for an Sti one, looks so much better with the original Subaru battery.

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Changed the air filter for a Pipercross one. The original doesn't look too filthy but not knowing when it was replaced, it makes sense to change it.

Also removed the huge white silencer and taped the hole up. I couldn't find my black frog tape, so green and yellow will do.

I opted for pipercross for this reason: pipercross uses to make a filter called Pro R.
I can't confirm if they were made for Subaru directly, but they used to have the Subaru logo on them.
With this in mind, I assume it's the best for my car.

*This isn't factual advice, just my choice.

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
The sound of the intake with performance filter and white bottle dampener removed is awesome. It just screams when under boost now.

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
It's primary purpose is not sound deadening :

"The resonator is there to make more power and help the engine breathe more efficiently by dampening secondary and tertiary harmonic waves within the intake. Sound dampening is a byproduct of the increased flow efficiency. Air flows in waves, so there needs to be a Helmholz resonator in the intake track to allow back flowing eddies to dissipate, while allowing the bigger inflowing waves to maintain more of their velocity. The chamber makes the car run better."

"Adding an expansion chamber to the intake tube forces air coming back out of the engine to slow down to fill the cavity, thus expending a great deal of its energy and slowing the pressure wave reversion. This slowdown allows fresh air to flow toward the engine without fighting pressure reversion waves the entire way, thus aiding in cylinder filling. Since these pressure waves are essentially sound, giving them a place to expend their energy before exiting the air filter box ends up dampening the intake noise and quieting the engine. Thus, the resonator helps to make the engine paradoxically quieter and more powerful."

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
It's primary purpose is not sound deadening :

"The resonator is there to make more power and help the engine breathe more efficiently by dampening secondary and tertiary harmonic waves within the intake. Sound dampening is a byproduct of the increased flow efficiency. Air flows in waves, so there needs to be a Helmholz resonator in the intake track to allow back flowing eddies to dissipate, while allowing the bigger inflowing waves to maintain more of their velocity. The chamber makes the car run better."

"Adding an expansion chamber to the intake tube forces air coming back out of the engine to slow down to fill the cavity, thus expending a great deal of its energy and slowing the pressure wave reversion. This slowdown allows fresh air to flow toward the engine without fighting pressure reversion waves the entire way, thus aiding in cylinder filling. Since these pressure waves are essentially sound, giving them a place to expend their energy before exiting the air filter box ends up dampening the intake noise and quieting the engine. Thus, the resonator helps to make the engine paradoxically quieter and more powerful."
I'd agree with this if the whole system was air tight.
I don't need power. don't want to ruin that cvt now, do I.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Interior lights finally upgraded to led. Ordered 41mm which were far too big, and a little battle with the seller for an exchange and they are done.

Stereo next

Attachments