Robsyuk 2018 Levorg Sti

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Well I was hoping my next update was some new shiny wheels but no.
I was hoping to treat myself at Christmas to some 19's but a puncture yesterday changed all that :(

Closer inspection showed that a previous repair failed and resulted in 2 new front tyres. A repair that close to the side wall, what was the previous owner thinking!

Opted for Goodyear super sport, and will put the new wheels off for another year.
While there I saw the pads are scary low so again, rather than wait for 6pots, I'm going to change the front pads sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

The good news is that I don't have tpms in the wheels so don't have to worry about any errors when changing the wheels.

Attachments

nicksten

Vehicle(s)
Levorg
Then, from AliExpress, rubber mats for all of the cubby holes, cup holders etc. I just wish I asked for a red edging rather than black.
Really nice touch! Can you share a link to these? Tanks!

*thomas*

Vehicle(s)
Legacy Outback RX8
This was a nice read (and fun looking at the pictures, thanks for taking the time to upload them). Great looking car.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Changed the cabin filter today. Not sure if it's ever been changed or not as I've seen worse.

Simple enough to do, unclick the glove box to allow it to swing lower and pull the filter out. Slide new in and clip the glove box back in.

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Finally changed the original pedals to Sti ones. The foot rest is held down with 2 clips and some glue. The middle just pops off and the drivers one is held on with a pin that's never coming out.
I glued & double sided taped the foot rest. Used the bracket to bolt the brake pedal down and had fun and games with the accelerator.
End result is a huge improvement.

Attachments

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Changed the cabin filter today. Not sure if it's ever been changed or not as I've seen worse.

Simple enough to do, unclick the glove box to allow it to swing lower and pull the filter out. Slide new in and clip the glove box back in.
I used a k&n washable cabin filter, got sick of buying them!

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Finally changed the original pedals to Sti ones. The foot rest is held down with 2 clips and some glue. The middle just pops off and the drivers one is held on with a pin that's never coming out.
I glued & double sided taped the foot rest. Used the bracket to bolt the brake pedal down and had fun and games with the accelerator.
End result is a huge improvement.
They look great, what did they cost and from where? If I can ask?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
In the UK all cars have to have an MOT which is a yearly mandatory inspection.
The Levorg didn't fail, but they advised on a blown number plate bulb & signs of an oil leak. I'm hoping it's leftover oil from the last oil change, but will trouble shoot it in a few days.

I replaced both number plate bulbs and the rear wiper as it split after inspection

With the bulbs, I found it easier to remove the black trim inside the boot and pop the lights out.

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
They look great, what did they cost and from where? If I can ask?
They were from Blackhawk Japan.
The foot rest, I used glue and double sided tape to put it down.
The brake pedal bolts on and the accelerator slides over the original. I did have to modify the back of the old one for it to bolt on.

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Cleaned the underside of the engine, front differential and CVT and monitored it for a week.
Went back under the car and didn't like finding out that It's the CVT that's leaking!

Closer inspection I notice several of the CVT sump bolts look brand new compared to some of the others. I then notice that the leak only seems to be from sump level and not above.
I tighten several bolts that were loose and cleaned the area.

I'll check it again in 2wks.

Attachments

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
As the Levorg will be a workhorse and used for fishing I know it will get dirty. I however have issues, so not only bought a boot carpet, but a protective tray to.
All genuine Subaru will do.
ah man I really need these, this weekend we put 2 bikes in the back and my heart was beating as my wife adjusted to fit whilst rubbing the seats :(

ill do a search

Zerosgame

Vehicle(s)
Levorg
A great looking car! I'm really interested in importing my own - also through Torque GT - can you give me a ballpark figure of your on the road price? Happy to have a PM if you would rather not share widely.

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
A great looking car! I'm really interested in importing my own - also through Torque GT - can you give me a ballpark figure of your on the road price? Happy to have a PM if you would rather not share widely.
Reach out to JDMauctionwatch. They will advise costs for full import and do the whole process for you. They imported mine through Ireland. Patrick is so great to deal with.

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
Torque were asking £20k for the white STI they sold a couple of months back.