Stumpvold's Levorg

Stumpvold

Some tushy while we wait.
IMG_20170410_083925_523.jpg IMG_20170409_163222_041.jpg
Anyone know if the chrome thingy on the boot is hard to remove? #painttheeverythingblack
Also, got the last package from japanparts today, the front will have a whole new look soon!

Dee

"Shh you got to, shake it, shh shake it, shake it, got to shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture"

I'm guessing I know what the front end is gonna be and if I'm right, it's what I've been looking at for some time now and it looks damn aggressive, but I won't say til you post the pics up in case I'm wrong :rolleyes::confused::p

Stumpvold

"Shh you got to, shake it, shh shake it, shake it, got to shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture"

I'm guessing I know what the front end is gonna be and if I'm right, it's what I've been looking at for some time now and it looks damn aggressive, but I won't say til you post the pics up in case I'm wrong :rolleyes::confused::p
We'll see ;)

Stumpvold

Oh well, grille wasn't finished before easter. Won't be finished before after easter sometime i was told. Looks like I'm staying after work sometime next week :DIMG_20170412_200258_737.jpg
Here is the lip on my rim, and maybe something new.;)

Stumpvold

Thought about getting new sway bars. What do you guys suggest? 22mm rear only upgrade, with endlinks front+back, making it a bit stiffer, but not useless of track?
And what to get, Perrin, Whiteline, or Cusco?
Or is it a pointless upgrade that I won't need and would ruin the car?
I want to get rid of some understeer, and I want to try putting in some trackdays.

Stumpvold

LED upgrade for the rear.
License plate and reverse light, as it should have come from factory.

License ones are complete lamps, not just bulbs. Fits from every other newer subaru.

Stumpvold

Anyone know what size hole is in the rear windshield for the rear wiper is? I'm asking for a friend :rolleyes:

Edit: found it! Took everything apart. It is 28 mm (+ ,3 or so, if you want really acurate)

Last edited:

Stumpvold

Something new.
Unsure if i should keep it badgeless or put the badge on. Any thoughts?
New badge will be white with black stars, since it is what i got for the rear.

Last edited:

Dee

put the badge on and have photos side by side to compare. Still looks nice without thou.

Stumpvold

put the badge on and have photos side by side to compare. Still looks nice without thou.
Will do. Everything is being painted now, so we'll see in a couple of days.

Here is the rear end, debadged and dechromed ;)

Hopefully complete again tomorrow :D

Stumpvold

Here is the finished product.

Also, here is a couple of pics from the cars and coffee meet.

Dee

That grille actually looks nice. From the japanparts site, the pics they have of it aren't exactly pleasing to the eye

Stumpvold

I'm quite happy with it. It does look a bit different from japanparts picture, but it was what i were looking for, no chrome and a bit more open. :D

Stumpvold

What was the process and difficulty level?
The whole bootlid has to be taken apart.
IMG_20170722_182243473_HDR.jpg
There is one screw by the handle you use to close the lid, the rest of it is clipped in place.
IMG_20170722_182229799_HDR.jpg
You also have to remove the plastic pieces by the rear window, since they are attached to the big piece.
IMG_20170507_162755052_zpsxkuuznsf.jpg
6 or so nuts that run across the middle of the lid. (You can see 2 of them in the middle of the next picture)
IMG_20170507_163650970_zpsm2lp6thi.jpg
Then you can pull the part that the Subaru badge is on off, the part that runs across the lid on the outside (alsp shown in the next picture)

IMG_20170507_163705337_HDR_zpsckergydi.jpg
This is made of plastic, so it can be bent a little bit without damaging it. It is also clipped in place, just pull on it untill it comes off, i found it easiest to start at one corner and move to the other side, also pull it a bit down towards the ground and away from the car, since the clips is on a bit of an angle.
When that part is of, you get to the 6 or so philips screws that hold the chrome thingy in place.
It is not that hard to do, does take a little bit of time, and I was a little afraid of braking something the first time doing it. I would say it is as easy as taking of your front bumper.
Hope this helps a bit, if you have any more questions, just ask away. ;)

Last edited: